Syrian intervention?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
It looks like we're going live pretty soon over the Syrian civil war. With Putin at the helm on the opposite side, and calling for non-intervention, we're looking like the bullies we are right now. I guess we'll all find out just how bad ass those sunburn missiles are. Putin is the wrong guy for Obama to fuck with I'll say that much.

It looks like we're going live pretty soon over the Syrian civil war. With Putin at the helm on the opposite side, and calling for non-intervention, we're looking like the bullies we are right now. I guess we'll all find out just how bad ass those sunburn missiles are. Putin is the wrong guy for Obama to fuck with I'll say that much.

I was almost foaming at the mouth last night when NBC started talking about it "Navy on the way to prepare for cruise missile strike" "rest of the world backs US intervention" etc. My wife just smirks. She doesn't even know why I have the tv on. Worse at work (grocery store). Redneck meat cutter "those are pretty big words coming out of Russia, don't you think?" Everyone I interact with at work thinks we're number 1 and can do no wrong...

edited to add I read the other day we have a five second maximum reaction time when we detect a sunburn missile.

Cut defense. Then pick a fight. What am I missing here?

Even if we had legitimate cause, which which we do not, Obama is a fucking bumbling 'tard when it comes to doing anything beyond reading a scripted bit over the teleprompter. America can no longer prosecute a war because we ceded our sovereignty to the political correctness crowd. When our guys in Afghanistan have to ask permission to fucking shoot back, I have to cringe. Why are we still there?

anyone?

Bueller......?

If we get involved in Syria, all that will happen is another black eye for America. Let them fight their own war. We don't need our troops dying there since no matter who wins, we lose.

Putin KNOWS that he can push O around, and knows O will do nothing significant about it. O has NO CLUE how to do ANYTHING except rattle his mouth, and always for the wrong reason and always saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Currently, Syria and Lebanon are aligned with Iran. That will shortly change. The Germans have their own designs on Syria and in the end are who the Syrians will be aligned with. Just look at where the Germans have troops and who they are selling their military hardware to - Turkey, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Afghanistan, Mali, Somalia, Rea Sea, Persian Gulf, Jordan, Cyprus, and so on. Syria and Lebanon complete the circle around the radical Muslim world - Iran/Egypt/Libya/Ethiopia, et alia. There are even rumors that the Germans are moving arms to the Syrian rebels.

PS: If someone is shooting at me, I will shoot back and ask permission after the fact. Not wait until I am too dead to ask.

The comments posted to KTLA on this were 95% negative. In liberal LA.

They should be nuts to create another Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya...

If they'd stop making wars, I guess things would settle down by themselves... I may be naive, but it sure would be better.

in view of Putins response that there will be a "nuclear" response to our intervention:

edited to add video is just speculative scenario of nuclear war based on current events.

Last edited:
From Wikipedia
"Sarin is estimated to be over 500 times more toxic than cyanide. Initial symptoms following exposure to sarin are a runny nose, tightness in the chest and constriction of the pupils. Soon after, the victim has difficulty breathing and experiences nausea and drooling. As the victim continues to lose control of bodily functions, the victim vomits, defecates and urinates. This phase is followed by twitching and jerking. Ultimately, the victim becomes comatose and suffocates in a series of convulsive spasms."

Basically it's human insecticide. Killing your own citizens with this stuff is going to have consequences. I just hope it stays inside Syria.

Last edited:
The massacre was reported a day before it happened.

The massacre was reported a day before it happened.

Penn, didn't you know? Thats SOP in the US now when there's a tragedy (Sandy Hook, etc). /sarc.

oh yeah, and the .gov is always there to practice in case of an emergency....

9/11
Sandy Hook
Aurora
Boston
etc.

The best Obama can do is to rap Assad's knuckles. Blow something up from afar like Clinton did. Hardly a game changer. Putin is probably sitting in a hot tub with his mistress, a glass of vodka, and watching CNN with a big smile on his face. If the mideast was a chess board Obama lost his queen when he left Iraq, and is now pretty much trying to keep his King (Egypt) from checkmate. He doesn't have a lot of moves and Putin knows it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom