Taibbi: Everything In The Nunes Memos Has Been Proven Correct, Democrats Called It Russian Misinfo Posted By Tyler Stone On Date January 13, 2023

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Taibbi: Everything In The Nunes Memos Has Been Proven Correct, Democrats Called It Russian Misinfo​

Posted By Tyler Stone
On Date January 13, 2023

video
'The Twitter Files' journalist Matt Taibbi discusses whether the Democrats allegedly disregarded the Nunes memo as being pushed by Russian bots on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.'

MATT TAIBBI: I think we know a lot about how these Russia stories came to be. People just lied and in this case, even when Twitter had more or less conclusive proof that there were no Russians involved in the release, that memo #even when they informed media and elected officials. Even when they pleaded with members of the Senate not to go public because it would make them look quote 'foolish.' They went ahead and did it anyway despite being informed of the truth that of course Twitter knew internally because they were looking at the raw data this is I think a template of how these stories came to be.​
Politicians in the media just simply overrode what the facts were and things being the way they were, there was a real mania at the that time, this was the peak of the McCarthy hysteria about the subject. There was just no turning back.​
TUCKER CARLSON: So five years later we are engaged in a hot or with Russia, which we are. There are Americans fighting the war in Ukraine against Russia.​
I wonder how much of this was designed to divert attention from things they didn't want exposed and how much of it was an effort to lift Americans into a frenzy about Russia.​
TAIBBI: I think at that time, it seemed much more about diverting attention from the Nunes memo because remember there were two sets of fake stories they came out at the time. One was that the story was being amplified by Russian bots, and that story was repeated by virtually every major news organization in America and in some other countries as well like the CDC did that story. The other story was the Nunes memo was not just fake, and not just completely devoid of any important revelations, but grounds for him to potentially be removed from his position at the Intel committee. Moveon.org had a petition about it. Of course we found out two years later through the Inspector General's report that virtually everything and the Nunes memo had been proved correct. I think that's what they were doing was just try to deflect from an uncomfortable truth by calling him up Russian proxy.​

Back
Top Bottom