Taking bets for $30/Troy ounce silver. When?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The $30 mark is roughly a 19% increase from present. I can't see that kind of move before year end.

19% happens in minutes these days. Just look at Gamestop. Just imagine all the long suffering we've seen. This market is wound so dang tight that we could see 19% ticks in minutes.

I don't think Gamestop is a good reference/example as it was a highly orchestrated effort.

In 1979/1980 there were large run-ups in silver but they too were due to extenuating circumstances.

I can't find a historical chart showing the largest 30 day moves is silver but other than Hunt brothers type activities a 19% move within 30 days is not a likely scenario.

There was Nothing orchestrated in Gamestop. That was a short squeeze, one that nearly imploded the whole dang market. And, just so you know, the situation there is worse than it was in 2021. Well, that's hard to say but I think that could have just been a prelude.

But yeah, these are Not Likely moves, but we have some very Unique variables right now. Ones that may not be seen again for hundreds or thousands of years.

I agre 19% is nothing. I bought SLV calls at noon today thinking I would hold for a week or so and sell on any pop. At 1pm I was up 30% and sold. LOL. Turns out it was at the high of the day too so got lucky but 19% is nothing nowadays. When silver really gets going it can move shockingly fast as most probably know.

Silver, before this is over is gonna be more valuable than Gold. It also hits $30 before year end in my opinion.
In a way, I agree. It will become more popular/commonly used in the area of day-to-day specie than gold, that's solid.

But... never will silver be more valuable than gold. Our civilization at all levels cannot even exist without gold. You are reading this through gold deposited cleverly on silicon and other things conductive. Your telephone works only because of gold.

Gold never oxidizes/rusts/dissolves/yada like silver. It is irreplaceable if you want to have something last -- like electronics.

Last edited:
There are FAR greater stocks of gold. Silver is disappearing. You also said it yourself that silver may be more used as money as well. So it has more monetary and more industrial uses. And stocks are less. Silver WILL be more valuable than gold. Maybe not for long but I'm fairly confident it gives gold a run for its money.

Back
Top Bottom