Temporarily closed – when the fight for daily bread is lost

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
Thought this worth sharing.

Temporarily closed – when the fight for daily bread is lost​

Bread. The simple and ingenious pastries are our favorite, most important food. Our daily bread. Buying this loaf in a bakery is one of the most beautiful and inconspicuous experiences in everyday life. Thanks go to those who bake and offer us bread - the women and men in the bakeries, bakeries and shops. But these important people are leaving, they are threatened, they are becoming fewer and fewer. A bakery just around the corner from me was closing again - “temporarily”, as it was written on the shop door. But it will perhaps be forever if no way is found, which is not the baker's people's fault, as I observe, in my opinion. It is that of our society. An essay by Frank Blenz .

This post is also available as an audio podcast.
More:

I couldn't read the article as it appears to be German, but this quote:

... A bakery just around the corner from me was closing again - “temporarily”, as it was written on the shop door. ...

makes me laugh as I think about the Oriental/Persian Rug stores around Houston that have been advertising (with huge posters that cover their storefronts) "liquidation sale - going out of business - everything must go" in the same locations for at least 20 years.

^^^^^

Came up in English for me. Didn't even have to click in to translate.

I thought that the leftists all wanted us to "eat ze bugs and be happy"? Perhaps the bakery is just temporarily closing down to retool for processing Klaus Schwab's cockroaches.

... Came up in English for me. Didn't even have to click in to translate.

My bad. NoScript was blocking the Google javascript from translating the page in my browser. User error.

I think this is just part of the result of exploding utility rates in Germany, thanks to Corn Pop blowing up Nordstream. And Frau Merkel (was she still in office?) saying, thank you, may we have another?

Europe, and especially Germany, is in an untenable spot. They bought piped-in nat-gas from Russia, rather than drill for their own. Rather than use that horrid NUCLEAR technology.

And now they've lost the Russian gas, the result of Fat Vicky's wet dream of starting WWIII with Russia without seeming to. Well, they're gonna have to drill, or shovel coal, or reconsider nuclear...or else, DIE.

Back
Top Bottom