That new guy

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chigg

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. I'am a single, 52 year old dental tech:D, living in north Alabama. I got the pm bug about a year ago, especialy silver. I made a "panic buy" early last year and feel I kind of screwed myself.:flushed: I held off until a month ago and jumped back in and 5x my stack.
I must admit about 90% of the technical discussion here is way over my head right now. But I guess its never too late to learn. I have been lurking around here and a couple of other sites the last 4 or 5 months and my gut says this is the one.
Financially I have no debt,as of about 3 years ago, a modest paid for house in the burbs and 11 acres of rocky mountain land suitable for hunting but not a farm. I have a very small 401 at work (I never put my own money in it, only the yearly company contribution) that has'nt made jack over the last 15 years. I have been sitting on cash waiting to find something to invest in or that perfect piece of real estate for the last couple of years. I am certainly not "set" and hope be able to generate income through work for several more years. My recent silver buys ate 20% of cash savings and now I think I will either go back to saving mode or may buy more pms if I can hit a good sized dipped.
Anyway you guys have a great sense of humor and everone seems to get along well. Hopefully I can contribute.

Chigg

welcome to the board!

Everyone is in a constant state of learning and I am sure we can all learn something from you too!

If you have a question, ask. Even the most basic question. The simple fact you own any silver at all says you were smart enough to notice that something is VERY wrong.

Welcome Chigg.!

Good that you have the financial world by the balls my friend, so you have less stress and more time to prep. I am not as secure as you just yet, but you are living my model for the future. As for the rocky land not being suitable, that's a matter of opinion, on which I will opine that with some creative terraces, you most certainly can maintain a sustainable garden.

Have a look through BSTS, as there are a plethora of great gardening ideas.

We wish you continued good luck.

Welcome aboard Chigg.

For someone who claims not to know much, you seem to be making some excellent decisions.

Dont ever think of buying pm's as a 'panic purchase'.
Just think in ounces rather than the paper $ equivalent, which is becoming pretty meaningless as they print to infinity.

An ounce of gold will keep you alive for a month no matter what happens to paper.

Welcome Chigg; we are glad to have you aboard. It is good to hear about your recent PM decisions, and we look forward to your questions and your comments.

Hi Chigg, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Glad you decided to say hello. :)

Hello Chigg,

I think you may have your chance here. Stock options expiry is coming up this Friday. My prediction is the "BIG" hammer is going to come out this week and the last week of this month. Lets see if my prediction holds water.

Did you see the delivery notice on the Comex ?

Last edited:
Welcome Chigg!!! Like the others have said, you are ahead of the curve and are making progress...

So, I'd like to see some of the new "Bugs" dive in to the conversation!

Gold, Silver, PM's in general, survival, guns and of course, what board would be complete without the occasional post about sex?

Anyway, feel free to dive right in, 'cause the water's fine.

Financially I have no debt,as of about 3 years ago, a modest paid for house in the burbs and 11 acres of rocky mountain land suitable for hunting but not a farm.

Awesome! Sounds like you're way ahead of most people in the game.

Welcome, Chigg!

I second ancona - 11 (even mountainous) acres, there's a lot of potential (unless it is all rock & vertical :) ). BSTS section will give you loads of good ideas to consider!

Practice make perfect ... or so I'm told.

Back
Top Bottom