The New America, and What We Can Do

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
My interpretation of the election results are that we have become a "New America". Demographically and in the country's views as a whole. My take-away is that each of us, as individuals should become physically fit, financially fit and spiritually fit so that we can better deal with what comes down the road.

http://tinyurl.com/ae2swg7

My interpretation of the election results are that we have become a "New America". Demographically and in the country's views as a whole. My take-away is that each of us, as individuals should become physically fit, financially fit and spiritually fit so that we can better deal with what comes down the road.

http://tinyurl.com/ae2swg7

I'm working on it, DCRB. (emailed you the specs). What I HAVE come to realize (especially living with three "bodybuilders" is this 54 year old ex-roofer, etc is no where near what I would like to be now and probably never will be again. BUT the good news is that most of my FSA neighbors are morbidly obese and can barely make it to their suv's and the grocery store where there is a cart to support them as they waddle down the aisles...

(I don't have to run faster than the bear, just you.... etc etc.) :)

nice read, BTW.

a roofer trumps a body builder- those guys are fake.

Nice post, Bearing. The 3 important areas are spot on.

I had to figure out the physcial over a decade ago or I'd be diabetic by now. The other two I've been working on over the last year or so and have been making progress. Especially the spiritual since I have so much opportunity to improve there.

Last edited:
I can never find a video clip of that scene in Friends where Pete (Jon Favreau) announces his intentions to compete in the UFC. He said (from memory, not necessarily an exact quote):

"I've conquered the financial world. I've conquered the spiritual world. Now I'm going to conquer the physical world."

Well, I think I've found my own personal equilibrium with the spiritual. I'm a fairly fit individual although I don't get to enjoy as much physical exercise as I used to. It's the financial angle where I'm most concerned.

"Focus Daniel-san."

Very good video DCRB, very good.

Although I am not in the greatest of shape, I am not the least bit overweight, and can go 24 hours without even thinking about food. On the flip side, my kid is crazy fit and eats like a mouse as well. I will have to compensate my families weaknesses with my ability to 'subcontract' those tasks that are beyond our collective physical capabilities.

I like to think that in a collapse, aside from the entitled masses, our group will not devolve socially and cooperate just as we have planned these past number of years.

a roofer trumps a body builder- those guys are fake.

Penn, I was in a coma nine years ago (sub-arachnoid aneurism burst). When I woke up, (a month later) I had lost 65 pounds and couldn't pick up a one pound can of beans (or walk or talk). It was a month before I started to recover, (and they had me heavily medicated on a drug called Kepra, an anti-psychotic/anti-depressant that they said I needed to take for seizures) and one day I asked my then twenty year old (whos arms were almost as big as my waist) if he wanted to arm wrestle. He said to mama, I don't think this is a very good idea, but we went ahead. I was able to lock my arm, and keep a poker face, for almost ten minutes, while he wore himself out. When I saw i couldn't go any further, I said "Give up?" and he said yeah, theres no way I can beat you.

The next year, we were living in the Philippines (and fortunately I had quit the Kepra, against medical advice) and Bings brother wanted to arm wrestle me. He is as big as king kong. RapRap told him "You better stay away from him. He's stronger than he looks".

:clap:

You only get this chance once in life!

The great American patriots were without a doubt men who understood the spiritual nature of life's battles.

A right relationship with our fellow man depends on a right relationship with God. That is why there are 2 tables in the 10 Commandments. The first ones deal with our Godward relationship, the last ones deal with our manward relationships.

This is a terrible time to live as an atheist.

Definition of an atheist - someone who has no invisible means of support.

Back
Top Bottom