The torch is getting passed.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
Well, the kid is almost done w/ basic training. He's in an OSUT in fort benning, same place I did mine, he's also going airborne infantry but he's also got RASP in his contract to try and become a ranger too. If he graduates from jump school, I'll be pinning the wings I got from one of the black hats when I graduated. Then it's just hope he doesn't get hurt, and w/ the army that's a relative term. If you're in combat arms, you're going to get hurt, it's just what all gets hurt & how bad. His mom has been having a rough time w/ it, but I try to tell her he'll be fine & get her mind off it, but she knows there's no guarantees. I bought her a service flag & lapel pin which she liked. Here's a picture of him in basic, they didn't have internet to post pics on when I was in, so it's kind of nice. He's the second from the far right, his pants & boots are wet along with a few others in the photo who went in a water tank for one of the team building exercises.

21457657_1079754248794559_495280758745211408_o.jpg

Last edited:
It must be gratifying that your child chose to walk a similar path as you did. Congrats to him for his pending graduation and best of luck to him with his service, wherever and however it may lead.

Thanks Bug. It's nice, but it's also scary considering the MOS. He also said he wants to go into L.E. when he gets out, that I definitely hope he doesn't do, especially given the current environment for LEO's. I was the first, and up until my son, the only person in my family to serve in the military, same with L.E. It kind of made me the black sheep of the family. My wife has had several uncles who served, so I suppose my son might not consider himself only the 2nd in the family to serve. I just hope he doesn't have as much trouble w/ paper work constantly getting screwed up like I did. At least I have experience w/ the army and can give him some advice, which I wish I would have had when I was in.

Congrats 11c1p. You must be bursting with pride.

Back
Top Bottom