The wife called the cops today....

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, the Clampetts just can't get enough. After the whole fiasco yesterday, Jethro decides that while I am at work, he will complete the burning of his carport in the middle of his back yard. It is quite windy here today and we're under burn warnings, meaning no open fires. The wife calls me all upset and asks what to do. I said, "Fuck 'em.....call the police". So she does, and they respond with a pump truck and two deputies to shut this dipshit down.

Now, if they do it again it will be an arrest and Jethro will have violated his parole, meaning nine more years behind bars......all for being both stupid and hardheaded. What a fucking knucklehead. This boy simply does not get it, and I am now certain that at some point anyway, he will be responsible for getting someone injured as a result of his stupidity. Unfortunately, he is both an extreme alpha male, yet has the intelligence of a bag of Frito's.

You have a way with words. Epic story. Looking forward to the next chapter as long it remains a tragi-comedy and not a murder-mystery.

On the way home tonight get a sign that says no trespassing and post it in a conspicuous place. That way when he trespasses, and he will, you can say the sign is posted and the law will have your side. If no sign is posted he will only be warned, and you will be told that you have no sign. In order to get the law on your side, you must have a sign posted first.

I don't know if they would do something to my home directly, as I have a pretty solid rep in our neighborhood and it is common knowledge that I not only carry a weapon, I am not afraid to use it. I pray it does not come to that.

These people are about an inch away from having their house condemned anyway. With broken windows, in one case an entirely missing one, no screens on windows or the "screen" door, muddy dog paw prints visible on windows that remain intact, mini-blinds completely destroyed in place, dangling from remnant shreds of strings, now a destroyed carport and missing fascia on the east side, etc. etc. etc. We are going to start a code enforcement rally against them. In our county, even though they are doing a rent-to-own, they are technically still renters, so they will be held to a significantly higher standard. When the inspector comes, they have no choice but to let them in if there is a complaint, and when he goes in and sees the destruction they have wrought on what used to be a cute little house [I set the ceramic floor tiles there eleven years ago with a friend] they may just condemn it for habitation right then and there.

With the destroyed fascia, the house is now open to critters and such and has become an attractive nuisance to a group of young toughs who like to hang out in the front yard and smoke dope.

It is infuriating on many levels. This was a very quiet and unassuming neighborhood twelve years ago, and with the invention of liars loans and what not, a lot of folks took advantage and sold out at or near the peak and hauled ass, leaving us to live with the societal detritus that replaced them.

It's a fucked up situation.

In some respects, I want to put a pot of oil on the stove, dump in some french fries, then go to the movies or something.......you know........forget I put the food on?

Anyhow, that is how frustrated I am. I spent a lot of years and dollars to make a home, and my peace has been destroyed in less than a year by these idiots.

Ancona

youve opend up a bit more and now we know how much the bad neighbour stuff is hurting you.

Now youve got me wondering .........

Do you really think you 'missed the boat' ?

Is the quality of the natives permanently lowered, or just heavily skewed by one particular household ?

Is it helpful to have a bit of a rep as a shooter, generally tooled n ready ?

Is this the trigger for you to make the move you dream about ?

hope you can find some positive stuff from everything youve got going at the moment

and yes i can quite see how the distractions could make you a bit absent minded .....
just better hope any insurance investigators dont connect you to someone calling themselves ancona (-:

The quality of the entire neighborhood has been irreparably altered. The demographic is now skewed to those who would rather Obama "give them free money and pay their rent", rather than the hared working, middle class NASA workers who once lived here. I am literally trapped within a home that is now worth a mere 25% of what it once was.

I bought it as a distressed used-to-be-a-rental in '99, worked on it for a year after work and on weekends. An entire year. i jacked it up with 32 screw jacks, cut out the entire sub-structure and replaced it. I re-installed the electrical system, upgrading it to '99 standards. I installed a completely new joist system, changed out all wall material, installed code-compliant hurricane strapping, installed an extra truss between every other existing one........the list goes on and on.

The house is nearly disaster proof. I installed a whole-house generator capable of supplying all the power I need with 40 amps to spare for neighbors and have a 500 gallon underground propane tank, with four fifty gallon tanks in the shed to be used if shit gets too real for reality.

I am beyond consolable. The only real way for me to recoup my money is a shot of Jewish lightening. A grease fire in the kitchen would do the trick, but it is getting really, really old in Florida.

What's a boy to do???

I got a set of winners next to me also, Ancona. The house was owned rented out to continuously worse tenants over a period of a few years. Nothing stable. Then the owner finally sold it outright to some younger woman. Since she moved in she has had several different 'renters' living under the same roof while she is there too. They tried having parties that lasted late at night until all of the neighbors around them have taken turns calling the police. Very poor maintenance of the lawn. At first she ignored it until the neighbor on the other side of her just did it so it would be short, with his ride-on mower. Then she moved some welfare riding single mother of 4 kids (all with different fathers) in, and the owner moved in with her newest boyfriend. For the entire summer and winter these kid's lawn toys and stroller type of things have sat outside exposed to the elements, scattered across the front lawn. Now the disgustingly fat welfare mother of 4 is gone, and the owner girl is back in her own home with the guy she is with. Recently, they had some friends over after bar time. They were quiet enough, so my complaint isnt that they were gathering, but that one of her guests had decided to park in their driveway, by way of driving across my yard to get there. So, police showed up, yadda yadda yadda, I have established a front line war with my neighbor also.

Get that no trespass sign man! You'll be glad you did!

eeerrrr

if the fire started in the neighbours house and spread to yours ...........
that recent demolition challenge seems to have caused some wires to short

or burn them all except one, then create a farm around it (-:

i was looking for something suitable like Prodigy but this is so bad it made me laugh -

fuck i just watched it again and im crying

may try to get beyond the 3 minute mark on the next attempt (-:

wtf! I only made it 2:16. lol. too much.

Back
Top Bottom