They re-broke my pinkie

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Yesterday, I went and had my pinkie finger re-broken and set in a tension splint to repair some tendon damage that healed in to a calcium deposit. Everything was great until the novocaine wore off, and then POW! Man that hurts! It is amazing that such a tiny little finger can bring the whole frigging body to a screeching halt, but it can.:judge::flail:

Naturally, that pinkie is now attracted to door frames, handles, drawers, arm rests etc. like a fucking neodymium magnet. Holy crap Batman! :rotflmbo:

Ouch. I am very pleased to say that I have never broken a bone (all the way through) in my life. I did have a hairline fracture once, but it wan't that big a deal. I suppose that is evidence enough of how thick my skull must be. :paperbag:

maybe some ambasol.

Hope this wont wreck your trip to noon tea with the queen. ;-)

Good luck taking a dump!

Most of those painkillers make you stuffy.

I would definitely sub in some oxypowder.

Good luck my friend.

Those fractures are beyond pain!

-Q

Nah.....Percocet, 10 mg X 3 X Day as needed PRN

Now, it feels fine....

;-)

Do you know how many of them- and sim I can consume and barely feel a thing.

I need to go shopping..... HA~!

John Plaster has a section in "The Ultimate Sniper" on wounds, whether they take someone out of a fight now, or later, and which ones hurt the most. Some of it was from his own experience in SOCOM in 'Nam doing the things we denied we were doing, some from interviews of people who'd been wounded.

He said that a hand or foot shot was by far the most painful and immediately debilitating there is - short of hitting the CNS above the shoulder blades (which is just instant death, like flipping a switch).

Seems like most wounds, even more "serious" trip a central nervous system circuit breaker - but not so with hands and feet, which have a zillion little bones and lots of nerves...

This mirrors my own experience in injuries I've collected in a long life of often doing dangerous things - (not because they were dangerous, but because they were fun - danger just a side issue - I like being alive!).

Back
Top Bottom