Today's silver volume

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

dali lambone

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
I was just looking at the volume of todays silver trading at stockcharts.com. The last time it was this high was the second day of the September smackdown which shaved off 5 bucks. Today they only took us for a little over 2. What do you guys think this implies?

A guy on bloomberg today was saying that retail is just gone these days. Perhaps the multiplier retail normally adds due to panic selling was less?

Manipulation efforts are becoming less effective.

Manipulation efforts are becoming less effective.

Look at the gold shares. HUI down 3.4%.. XAU down 3.2%.. Relative performance by the shares is a big positive divergence.. Normally, they would be down double what gold was in % terms. We need this to continue going forward and start seeing the shares lead. if we start seeing the gold shares trading up while the metal is down, that is a really good indicator that they have washed out all the specs.

OK...........so, what are the odds that the Brotherhood of Darkness can keep up the smash down?

I think silver is a little weak right now, as confirmed by the volume Harvey Organ posted. However, I'm sure there are plenty of players who will see this as a chance to buy in a little cheaper to take some easy profits in a couple of weeks.

Opinions?

I think that unless the market comes up with something substantial ( like the silver trade associated with the new PAGE ) or even something more than that, we are trapped under their thumb. If JPMorgan and others have been doing this for years, it will continue. Just because we are aware about it now doesn't change what has and will continue to happen. I mean the CFTC or SEC or anyone is not going to take action, clearly. If these companies are making money on the supression and they are allowed to continue, they will.

I just wonder what the regular guys like us could do to aid the cause.

"I just wonder what the regular guys like us could do to aid the cause. "

Buy more silver?

^ Yep. Keep stacking physical silver. It's the Achilles' heel of their paper game.

The price of silver and gold will always be manipulated to some degree. The issue you need to settle is whether you would prefer to have X number of ounces of silver or X number of fiat dollars and what percentage of your wealth will you hold in one or the other or both.

Remember the guys that are doing the manipulating know that they can only make money when the price moves - either up or down. Their goal is to transfer wealth from citizens to themselves and they can accomplish that either way. But they need the price to go up as well.

However, the system is leaning far over the cliff and needs only the slightest push to fall. When that happens, you want silver, not fiat currency.

Back
Top Bottom