Triangles

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DSAbug

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
HUIRunway-3.png

This was as of yesterday's close.

I don't think i've ever seen a triangle pattern not resolve itself in one direction or another. gdx is flatish today.. I am guessing this is because of Option Expiration but still, pretty annoying.

As the angle gets more acute, the market appears more obtuse.

As a professionally trained technician I have never seen this. Seeing this kind of line hold so many times suggests someone is basically just sitting on it without regard to the potential to get a better price. Sorry but after 3 touches, I would back off to get a better price.

Considering how pressed this market is and how negative sentiment is, it's not rational action. By now we should have either seen a flush to lower prices or a bounce of 5-10% in the shares to let the triangle play out.

The rule these days seems to be that it can move so fast you can't react in time, or else it's going to be so slow you can't stand waiting that long. Seeing it all over.

Back
Top Bottom