Trump's Legal Team Settles With NYC Protesters

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

night scene
Benefactor
Reaction score

Trump lawyers made last-minute decision to settle NYC lawsuit after struggling to find jurors who didn't hate him: report​

Raw Story - 45m ago

Former President Donald Trump's legal team has decided to settle with protesters who alleged they were beaten by his security guards outside Trump Tower seven years ago -- and it's reportedly because they feared jurors would pummel him.

The Daily Beast's John Pagliery reports that Trump's lawyers made a "last-minute decision" to settle "after struggling to find Bronx jurors who didn’t have strong feelings about Trump and his eponymous company."

The settlement was delivered to the plaintiffs after prospective jurors were sent out to lunch on Wednesday, as Trump lawyers had apparently concluded that taking the case to trial would result in a financial disaster for the twice-impeached former president.

Lol I love him just for the fact he's living rent free in so many people's pea brains...so much so they have in fact become infatuated with him.

Tramp this & tramp that. It's clear as day to the observers where their minds refuse to bend

Yeah, while I did vote for him in 2016 & didn't in 2020 & never would for president again, it would be hilarious if the republicans made him speaker of the house in January. Let him stay there & have DeSantis, Noem, Lake or even Abbott run for president in 2024. It is fun watching the left absolutely freak out over anything & everything he does. Having him with the gavel would make them completely ignore whatever republican was in the white house making it a lot easier to get stuff done.

Trump lawyers made last-minute decision to settle NYC lawsuit after struggling to find jurors who didn't hate him: report​

Raw Story - 45m ago

Former President Donald Trump's legal team has decided to settle with protesters who alleged they were beaten by his security guards outside Trump Tower seven years ago -- and it's reportedly because they feared jurors would pummel him.

The Daily Beast's John Pagliery reports that Trump's lawyers made a "last-minute decision" to settle "after struggling to find Bronx jurors who didn’t have strong feelings about Trump and his eponymous company."

The settlement was delivered to the plaintiffs after prospective jurors were sent out to lunch on Wednesday, as Trump lawyers had apparently concluded that taking the case to trial would result in a financial disaster for the twice-impeached former president.

Good to see the Trump team saw the writing on the wall and came with a number the lame-oes snatched up quickly avoiding a Kangaroo Court.

Yeah, while I did vote for him in 2016 & didn't in 2020 & never would for president again, it would be hilarious if the republicans made him speaker of the house in January. Let him stay there & have DeSantis, Noem, Lake or even Abbott run for president in 2024. It is fun watching the left absolutely freak out over anything & everything he does. Having him with the gavel would make them completely ignore whatever republican was in the white house making it a lot easier to get stuff done.
Naw, He'd still have Mitch "The Corporate B!tch" running the Senate. Mitch was an enabler for Paul "Lyin'" Ryan's SotH period, who could not even win his own congressional district back, and the reason GOP made him Speaker.

Last edited:
Yeah, while I did vote for him in 2016 & didn't in 2020
What changed for you?

As potus, I thought he ran the nation pretty darn well, and did so in the face of unrelenting negativity by the press that fueled hatred towards him and caused half the nation to become brainwashed against him.

With him in 2019, we had 3.7% unemployment, 1.4% inflation and $1.80/gal gasoline. The economy was firing on all cylinders.
Had that economy been allowed to continue through 2020, he'd have won in a landslide.

Now that same 3.7% unemployment level is being blamed for high inflation. Why did inflation not run away with his 3.7% unemployment?

What changed for you?

As potus, I thought he ran the nation pretty darn well, and did so in the face of unrelenting negativity by the press that fueled hatred towards him and caused half the nation to become brainwashed against him.

With him in 2019, we had 3.7% unemployment, 1.4% inflation and $1.80/gal gasoline. The economy was firing on all cylinders.
Had that economy been allowed to continue through 2020, he'd have won in a landslide.

Now that same 3.7% unemployment level is being blamed for high inflation. Why did inflation not run away with his 3.7% unemployment?

I held my nose voting for him when people kept saying he was no longer anti-gun. Then he banned bumpstocks, supported red flag laws & called for "confiscation 1st, then due process". Now everyone keeps saying he kept his promises, which he didn't 2 of the main ones for me were the big beautiful wall (paid for by Mexico) & repealing barrycare.

I held my nose voting for him when people kept saying he was no longer anti-gun.
He's far less anti-gun than the hag was/is.

Then he banned bumpstocks,
I didn't like it either, but it is something that amounts to being a toy. Had the hag been in when that LV crap happened, you'd have lost a lot more than that.

supported red flag laws & called for "confiscation 1st, then due process"
I didn't/don't agree with that either, but again, had the hag been in you'd have gotten far worse than that.

Now everyone keeps saying he kept his promises, which he didn't
he kept far more of them than any potus in my lifetime.

2 of the main ones for me were the big beautiful wall (paid for by Mexico) & repealing barrycare.
He wasn't a dictator, despite what the dems and msm tried to tell us. Congress fought him tooth and nail on the wall, and on repealing obozocare.
....but he did manage to get the mandate removed from it.

I just have a hard time seeing how his opponents would have been better on any of your points of complaint.

Almost any other state this would have been a change of venue but NY courts make half of Rikers Island look like upstanding citizens. It’s probably why the NYC elite want to close down Rikers and build condos on it… right after they close LaGuardia airport.

Back
Top Bottom