Trump's Taxes Go Public

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
As of yesterday they are going to be made public.

Read how much Trump paid — or didn't pay — in taxes each year​

Story by Dan Mangan • Yesterday 11:22 PM

• The amount of income, deductions and taxes paid by former President Donald Trump as disclosed in his annual federal tax returns while serving in the White House was detailed in a new report.
  • The report by the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation was posted online shortly after the House Ways and Means Committee voted to make public redacted versions of Trump's full income tax returns, and those of eight related business entities for the tax years 2015 through 2020.
  • A separate report released by the Ways and Means Committee revealed that the IRS had started an audit of just one of Trump's tax returns while he was serving as president.
The amount of income, deductions and taxes paid by or refunded to former President Donald Trump while serving in the White House was detailed in a new report released Tuesday night.

The report reveals that Trump on his federal tax returns declared negative income in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2020, and that he paid a total of $1,500 in income taxes for the years 2016 and 2017.

On their 2020 income tax returns, Trump and his wife Melania paid no federal income taxes and claimed a refund of $5.47 million, according to the report by the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation.

More here:

A major privacy breach and if you don't understand that then you are blinded by partisan hate.

Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX), the top Republican on the Committee, warned in a press conference, "Longstanding privacy protections for all taxpayers have been compromised.

So, be assured that as soon as I get into a position of power I will strive to publish "Insert PMBug member here" tax returns.

So, be assured that as soon as I get into a position of power I will strive to publish "Insert PMBug member here" tax returns.

You're on a roll today. Sometimes it's good to get away from the political threads. They can make ya crazy if you take them too seriously.

If you like surfing movies check out my post in the Movies thread. Really good stuff.

... as soon as I get into a position of power ...

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

You're on a roll today. Sometimes it's good to get away from the political threads. They can make ya crazy if you take them too seriously.

If you like surfing movies check out my post in the Movies thread. Really good stuff.

It makes my point and personalizes it. That makes it a strong argument.

Was Hillary right? Let's see. Remember, this is someone's opinion. Don't go nuts over it.

"It proves that Hillary Clinton, was right all along," Brzezinski said. "Nancy Pelosi was right all along, Chuck schumer was right all along. The Democrats were right all along. Reporting from the New York Times was right all along, Washington Post, too, was 100 percent correct all along. Donald Trump was not under audit. Donald Trump was lying. He was desperate to hide the truth from Americans."

Was Hillary right? Let's see. Remember, this is someone's opinion. Don't go nuts over it.

"It proves that Hillary Clinton, was right all along," Brzezinski said. "Nancy Pelosi was right all along, Chuck schumer was right all along. The Democrats were right all along. Reporting from the New York Times was right all along, Washington Post, too, was 100 percent correct all along. Donald Trump was not under audit. Donald Trump was lying. He was desperate to hide the truth from Americans."

What freaking "truth". Lol

So what is the point of releasing them?

To prove the irs did not do its job?

Because if the irs did its job, all it would prove is that he complied with the tax laws that people like Piglosi and the Bidet wrote.

If they don't want people using the deductions and exclusions found in the tax code, why did they write it that way?

So what is the point of releasing them?

To prove the irs did not do its job?

Because if the irs did its job, all it would prove is that he complied with the tax laws that people like Piglosi and the Bidet wrote.

If they don't want people using the deductions and exclusions found in the tax code, why did they write it that way?

Do they want a list of Rich People who did not pay taxes? Lol, cause that could take awhile. Maybe you should stop taxing INCOME and just go to a consumption tax on their private jets and yachts

But then they couldn't demand to know what we do with every penny we might be making.

Do they want a list of Rich People who did not pay taxes? Lol, cause that could take awhile. Maybe you should stop taxing INCOME and just go to a consumption tax on their private jets and yachts

But then they couldn't demand to know what we do with every penny we might be making.
No, we should restore apportionment as a method for taxation.

Or what might be referred to as a "head tax".

As in, each head gets taxed the same DOLLAR amount.

You wanna fix gov and shrink it back down to fit its britches? That's how ya do it.

as stated by others......he follows tax laws set up by others.....quite frankly i would have been disappointed if he had paid substantial taxes because he would have been a idiot to do so.......fwiw the tax system is set up to screw over and hoodwink the w2 wage earners in many ways.....

if he had done something illegal tax wise he would already be in prison...and he donated his gov salary to charities IE a tax write off and gov savings to boot

anyone that complains needs to change the tax system and/or voluntarily donate more of their earnings to the gov, demonization of law abiding citizens for following the law and celebrating those who break the law needs to change

A major privacy breach and if you don't understand that then you are blinded by partisan hate.

Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX), the top Republican on the Committee, warned in a press conference, "Longstanding privacy protections for all taxpayers have been compromised.

Exactly!
It's hilarious that people think this is some sort of Gotcha.
BUT what it really does is set a NEW and IMPROVED precedent that allows anyone's tax returns to be exposed publicly whereas before this was NOT the case!

My tax returns are a boring lot... HOWEVER Hunter Biden's won't be, nor Joe's, nor any of their many foundations!

It's hilarious that people think this is some sort of Gotcha.

Nah. Just his tax returns. Like a bunch of presidents before him. Only they simply provided theirs. Had he had done the same this thread and all the news surrounding it wouldn't exist.

Had he simply left office after he lost the election the Jan 6 committee wouldn't exist, the Jan 6 thread wouldn't exist. Nor would any of the news surrounding them exist. The DOJ wouldn't be looking into him. There would be no Georgia grand jury looking into him. And on and on.

He brought all this insanity on himself. Really no other way to look at it.

One thing..............do you think this madness could be a game to him?

Nah. Just his tax returns. Like a bunch of presidents before him. Only they simply provided theirs. Had he had done the same this thread and all the news surrounding it wouldn't exist.

Had he simply left office after he lost the election the Jan 6 committee wouldn't exist, the Jan 6 thread wouldn't exist. Nor would any of the news surrounding them exist. The DOJ wouldn't be looking into him. There would be no Georgia grand jury looking into him. And on and on.

He brought all this insanity on himself. Really no other way to look at it.

One thing..............do you think this madness could be a game to him?

Lol, he did simply leave and said Go Home on the way out. What a freaking monster.

Readers of my columns will know, I hope, that the rich do not have to pay taxes. They can play a game I call “Tax Planning 101,” following the simple advice to “Buy, Borrow, Die.” This strategy involves buying assets that typically go up in value over time, like real estate or stock, holding these assets until they die, and then allowing the taxable gain to magically disappear under the stepped-up basis on death rule.

Only they simply provided theirs. Had he had done the same this thread and all the news surrounding it wouldn't exist.
Like has been pointed out... they 'provided' (theirs) washed and cleaned returns. What Trump did was 'allow' them to go after his - he was the bait and they took it hook, line, and sinker...

Yes, they FINALLY got his tax returns, a huge nothing burger, but what they really did was open Pandora's box by setting a new precedent. Now their foundations tax returns (where they really 'hide the dough') and family members - who they 'hire' for ridiculous amounts can be gone after.

That's a pretty good trade off iffin you aks me!

Readers of my columns will know, I hope, that the rich do not have to pay taxes. They can play a game I call “Tax Planning 101,” following the simple advice to “Buy, Borrow, Die.” This strategy involves buying assets that typically go up in value over time, like real estate or stock, holding these assets until they die, and then allowing the taxable gain to magically disappear under the stepped-up basis on death rule.

"Buy, Borrow, Die" isn't that called doing business??

Families 'manage' corporations that own equities for a stipend?

It's not illegal. ANYONE can do it?

I'm more concerned with a $1.7 Trillion Omnibus pork-bellied spending bill that does nothing for the nation.

It's not illegal. ANYONE can do it?
Yep, but we're supposed to be outraged if Trump does it. Lol TDS sufferers are funny.

I'm more concerned with a $1.7 Trillion Omnibus pork-bellied spending bill that does nothing for the nation.
It does something for the politically connected.
....but yes, for the nation it does nothing good.

What Trump did was 'allow' them to go after his - he was the bait and they took it hook, line, and sinker...

This is above my pay grade. Like Joe K said somewhere "I'm just a guy with an internet connection." So, do you really believe this? Noting personal but this sounds crazy. The DOJ is looking into Trump and a whole lotta others. Bait? From where I sit, he's looking more like a suspect in a criminal investigation.

"Buy, Borrow, Die" isn't that called doing business??

Was a good article. I agreed with everything in it.

Me too. Especially since it doesn't help poor peeps or retirees. We need to concern ourselves with Americans first and foremost.

Yep, but we're supposed to be outraged if Trump does it. Lol TDS sufferers are funny.

Outraged? Nah. The truth is this stuff is like a soap-opera or a tv wrestling match. Good guys vs bad guys along with what looks like scripted drama. We all have our favorite actors. Only it's real life. But online some peeps get a bit carried away when someone dares speak evil about their hero:

Blasphemer, heretic, traitor, troublemaker, instigator. Off with his head. Burn him at the stake. Mark him. He must atone for his sins. He's a non-believer. Ostracize him.

All the while the peeps behind it all are raking in the doe ray me. And the citizens eat it up like they are watching a movie. Pretending that their opinions are far better than someone who is made outta flesh and blood............just like them:

How dare you disagree with me (pounds his chest like Tarzan.) What are you trying to say (sneers and pulls his mustache because he thinks his wording makes his victim look foolish,) Haha - I know what you did (rubs his hands together because he thinks he's embarrassed his prey.)

All egotistical non-sense. In the bitter end we're all going to give up the ghost. No matter who you are, what you believe or who you worship. And in the interim, we puff out our chests, strut our stuff and voice our opinions online. While the people we talk about don't know we exist or give two shits what we think of them. I think I just channeled my inner George Carlin - woot woot.

End of soap box.

It does something for the politically connected.
....but yes, for the nation it does nothing good.

Agree 100%!!!

The productive, are not a piggybank for others to loot.

The problem with government budgets, is not the taxes. Or rather, it's that taxes invariably are too high.

The problem is ALWAYS, first and foremost, the SPENDING.

Limit the spending to Constitutional stipulations; and the tax burden is manageable on everyone. No reason for carve-outs or elaborate tax loopholes.

Me too. Especially since it doesn't help poor peeps or retirees. We need to concern ourselves with Americans first and foremost
Yet when you had a prez, trying to do exactly that, all you wanted to do was throw rocks at the guy.

During his term, there were more minorities employed than ever before, or since.
....and the average household income was up by $4k.

Inflation was 1.4%

Or is your definition of helping poor and retirees only count if $ is taken from someone else, and then given to them?

Isn't it better to instead, create an environment where jobs are more plentiful, prices don't inflate, and there is a reduced chance of war?

You know, the opposite of what those that got rid of the bad orange man and who are now giving us what we are getting today?
Ie: low wages, high prices, and on the brink of WW3?

Limit the spending to Constitutional stipulations;
Problem is, they already think that everything they spend $$$$$$$$ on IS Constitutional.

the smart will always try to preserve the value they earned from their labor ........the ruling class wants the working class to work to survive and no more, as a form of control, thus the war on the middle class
Frederic Bastiat, The Law. The few try to plunder the many; the many try to install populists to plunder the few; it soon devolves to where everyone is trying to plunder everyone.

That is where we're at. Open borders (and mass unchecked immigration) as well as debasing the currency...AS WELL as Progressive Income Tax rates...are to prevent the exceptional from climbing out of the mire. To solidify class demarcation lines.

Meantime, estate taxes, as well as a Kafkaesque tax code, are to take as many of the rich out as possible. To become rich, or even just to remain rich, one now MUST have legal protection - either carve-outs or protection for open defiance of the law.

Tyranny destroys wealth. It stifles creativity; it punishes hard work; it destroys anyone who merely wants to do what he's done, well...independent of making government his senior partner.

We're at the point where the demonic totalitarians in Davos, Renton and the Caymans, are destroying all of industrial society.

Bait? From where I sit, he's looking more like a suspect in a criminal investigation.
They've been 'investigating' him for the past 6 years alread!. IF there was something to find they would have found it.

Instead, they're using Jan 6 to 'make up' crimes they themselves did to accuse Trump. It's the oldest trick in their playbook.

They've been 'investigating' him for the past 6 years alread!. IF there was something to find they would have found it.
How many of those screaming for Trumps head could themselves withstand the level of scrutiny that Trump has endured?

If over the past seven years you were to have done a shot everytime the idiots said "we got him now", you'd have been long dead by now, due to alcohol poisoning.

And never was a foreign national, with a lifetime track record of hostility to his guest country, had the audacity to change his documentation, solicit a major party, run AS an American, and then proceed to tear the nation down systematically.

This is WHY there was a requirement that the President be a "natural-born citizen." And why there is an Impeachment clause in the Constitution.

Also why the election of the President was two-steps removed from the passions and ignorance of the man in the street. Electors are not ceremonial; their whole ROLE is to do Due Diligence.

But we have become so confused, and soft, and our purported leaders so soft...and the Political Elites' Uniparty, so melded...that none of these protections worked.

The Framers knew that, too. Franklin warned that the Constitution would provide good government "for a score of years, but then will revert to despotism as the People become Corrupt and are unable to live under any other (government)."

And here we are. We got 150 years out of the Constitution, and then 90 more years while the devotees of Marxism tore it apart. There is a lot of ruin in a nation; but we have just about run out of things to loot and destroy.

MSM all abuzz.....................

"The disclosures raise multiple questions about whether Trump's tax strategies simply took advantage of the law or broke it."​

I'm betting the former... but they're raising doubt in the minds of the masses by posing the statement.

I'm betting the former... but they're raising doubt in the minds of the masses by posing the statement.

MSNBC getting a lot of milage from this. Not just Trump..............all those who helped. Gonna be a good day for news.

Donnie's not a happy camper.

In a statement, Mr Trump said the Democrats who control the House until the 118th Congress convenes on 3 January “should have never done it” and the US Supreme Court “should have never approved” the committee’s request for the returns, which was the focus of a yearslong court battle that spanned Mr Trump’s own administration and the Biden administration.

This move by the Democrats opens the doors for the Senile Sniffer, Slick Willie's, the Great Pretender's and the Shrub's taxes to go public too. Do the Democrats ever learn? The burnt themselves on changing House & Senate rules that only came back to bite them hard. So much for once burnt, twice shy.

Back
Top Bottom