Uneasy parallels

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
:popcorn:I was doing a bit of reading on the Spanish-American war:
http://thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/12338-trial-run-for-interventionism

Things going on in that part of history covered in the article...
1) Third party threat to the Rep/Dem monopoly
2) Anti Wall Street public
3) Using yellow journalism (lies) in the mainstream media
4) Starting a war for profit/gain

Odd parallels to modern times indeed...

:popcorn:

It's really pretty pathetic. Very few people I talk to even know there were three world trade center towers to fall. Once I got called on the carpet for making things up and scaring the customers, since everyone knows there were only two towers. My wife is filipina. Masters, seven languages, blah blah blah. She has lived in four countries that have collapsed into anarchy. She sees the parallels here; her only comment is that the United States is over; Americans are stupid and won't believe anything is wrong until it happens.

Note: many of the local hospital professionals are filipina/filipino and are sending their children out of the country. They see whats coming.

This month a movie called "Amigo" is coming out about the Spanish/American war in the Philippines (it's been out a year in asia). Detailing the tens of thousands of women and children we happily killed in the Philippines. That was the Method of operation for the US, kill all the women and children. hasn't changed much.

quote:
Throughout the entire war American soldiers would write home about the horrors and atrocities which the United States committed in the Philippines. In these letters they would criticize General Otis and the U.S. military; when these letters reached anti-imperialist editors they became national news and forced the War Department to look into their truthfulness. Two of the letters went as follows:

A New York-born soldier: “The town of Titatia [sic] was surrendered to us a few days ago, and two companies occupy the same. Last night one of our boys was found shot and his stomach cut open. Immediately orders were received from General Wheaton to burn the town and kill every native in sight; which was done to a finish. About 1,000 men, women and children were reported killed. I am probably growing hard-hearted, for I am in my glory when I can sight my gun on some dark skin and pull the trigger (Benevolent Assimilation, p. 88).”[90]
Corporal Sam Gillis: “We make everyone get into his house by seven p.m., and we only tell a man once. If he refuses we shoot him. We killed over 300 natives the first night. They tried to set the town on fire. If they fire a shot from the house we burn the house down and every house near it, and shoot the natives, so they are pretty quiet in town now.”[90]

linky:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine–American_War

seems they forgot to teach this to my children in school. Seems that now 50% of the schools here are failing federal guidelines. But thats another rant. :)

remember, no child left behind means every child left behind.

Last edited:
chilling Jay

and we teach our soldiers that its good to do this .......

having learnt how to manage the media when this sort of 'cleansing' op is happening.

Back
Top Bottom