US Mint 1988 Olympic Silver 1 Dollar Coin

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

FPrice

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with these? I was dropping off a donation at a local Cancer Connection Thrift Store when I saw one, still with the original presentation box. The paperwork says its .76 Troy oz of silver. At $12 plus tax I decided to pick it up and add it to my (way too) small PM collection. I bought it more for the silver value but am wondering if it has any collector value.

Second question, it is showing a bit of discoloration (tarnish?) around the raised edge. Any do's/don'ts about trying to remove this?

Nice grab sir! You got about a 50% discount on that coin. Don't try and clean it. They are worth just as much with a patina/tarnish as they are shiny and bright. Collectors can be persnickety assholes or they can be realistic people like us pm bugs.

Back
Top Bottom