US type set for the grandkids

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

walkingnam

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
For the past year I have been assembling type set of US for the grandkids. I started off putting the set together using plastic coin holders and storing the appropriate coins in old cigar boxes. But lately I've started to believe that an album is that more appropriate way to accomplish my goal. I've started tinkering with this idea in the belief that people should know what the country's coins are like (the same is thought of the currency).

So my question is what coins from the colonial period would you include based upon your available funds. Some of the coins from that period have no slots in Dansco US type coins albums ($60). As a follow up is there an available album other than Dansco that could be appropriate.

Most of the coins from the early history of American coinage is to outrageous for my wallet My son is suggesting a fugio but that still expensive. Is that any more reasonably priced coin that could be added without breaking the bank. Even a trade dollar example is off the table, also I'm not really looking for any gold coins to add.

Back
Top Bottom