USA is officially now a banana republic

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
It doesn't require actual bananas. Just above the law political dynasties, massive corruption and a complete abrogation of the rule of law.

Well, I guess the great American experiment with liberty is officially dead. Wonder how much longer things will plod along before the history books recognize this reality.

Yesterday was a day of parades and fireworks to celebrate America. Today I feel like mourning.

Maximum entertainment here in Blighty, Bug

It really starts to look like its all coming apart quite rapidly

I am so detached from it all these days though as a result of avoiding all mainstream media, inc TV and facebook etc.
Its truly exhilarating watching it all unravel.

I guess my mood is further exhilarated today as I finally get back to break even ( in £ UK) with my silver and gold purchases :rimshot::cheers:

House sold in Aug 2011 and all my share went into gold :flushed:
Its been a fascinating journey though. The biggest lesson being detachment. :wave:

And thank you for creating this little oasis of rationality where I could come and reassure myself that I should hang in there, even when smarter folk than me said cut your losses and buy some property.

Its getting more interesting each day .

Unfortunately it will continue to get worse and it will have to get much worse before it will start getting better, at least significantly better. People have a tremendous ability to lie to themselves about how bad things really are, and most are happy to tolerate quite a lot as long as it maintains the status quo.

phew, the fix is in -

http://www.theonion.com/article/buddhist-extremist-cell-vows-to-unleash-tranquilit-34623

WASHINGTON—In a 45-minute video posted on Tibetan websites Thursday, Tsuglag Rinpoche, leader of the Buddhist extremist group Kammaṭṭhāna, threatened to soon inflict a wave of peace and tranquility on the West.

Speaking in front of a nondescript altar surrounded by candles, burning sticks of incense, and a small golden statue of the Buddha, Rinpoche did not specify when or where an assault of profound inner stillness would occur, but stated in no uncertain terms that the fundamentalist Buddhist cell plans to target all Western suffering.

“In the name of the Great Teacher, we will stop at nothing to unleash a firestorm of empathy, compassion, and true selflessness upon the West,” said Rinpoche, adding that all enemies of a freely flowing, unfettered state of mind will be “besieged with pure, everlasting happiness.” “No city will be spared from spiritual harmony. We will bring about the end to all Western pain and anxiety, to all destructive cravings, to all greed, delusion, and misplaced desire. Indeed, we will bring the entire United States to its knees in deep meditation.”

“Wisdom and virtue to America!” continued Rinpoche. “Wisdom and virtue to all living things on earth!”

According to reports, Rinpoche stressed throughout his address that Kammaṭṭhāna soldiers would continue waging a tireless holy war on Western feelings of emptiness and negativity for as long as necessary, noting that “a jug fills drop by drop” and that “it is better to travel well than to arrive.”

The extremist leader specifically criticized the United States for its “blatant disregard of karmic balance within the universe” and ominously claimed that Americans will “one day soon” experience the highest form of metaphysical equilibrium through a union of both body and mind. Rinpoche also said all Western nations would “pay a heavy price in negative thinking and self-doubt” if they do not immediately engage in serious introspection and true spiritual liberation.

Sources confirmed the video then featured an uninterrupted 19-minute clip of water quietly flowing between rocks in a small forest creek.

Oh lawdy, we in trouble now!

[ame]https://youtu.be/4VHKpGJX29s[/ame]

We've got to try and keep our heads till this peace craze blows over!

I may have to stock up on incense.

Back
Top Bottom