Variations on a theme

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MarcLacroix

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
After watching 'The Big Short', 'Margin Call' and 'Too Big To Fail' I have a better understanding of financial markets and systemic risk. Leveraged debt is dangereous and I'm scared shitless so I ain't selling my gold. :)

Marc

Yeah, I took a layman's crash course back in 2007/2008 when the markets nearly imploded. Honestly, it's left me quite disillusioned about the foundations of global civilization.

I got out of bricks n mortar in September 2011 and went 'all in' with metals just as the whole financial system was toppling and metals peaking.
Messing my pants trying to get fiat digits moved from my (about to be nationalised ) bank and into linked accounts that let me purchase metals ( GoldMoney and BullionVault) and even when I saw it all drop by 25-30% in sterling I have never felt unhappy about where my savings sit.
And fast forward to today, why would anyone want to be positioned in paper promises when it so obviously needs to correct ?

I guess the money printing trick will continue (albeit more discretely ) and the show will go on until hyper inflation eventually clears things and a reset is triggered ?

In the last 7 years the house I sold has not really gone up in value ( where are the buyers for the boomer's trying to cash out as they hit retirement ?) and gold is not so far down from when I bought it .........

So I aint selling gold either (-:

So I aint selling gold either (-:

Global Currency Reset, What the fuck is that???

PanHandling SpamPeddlers gotta' come up with something fancy to get our attention... Those Twit and Twat (newsletter writers) really piss me off and lack imagination. :)

The Dollar was supposed to die twenty years ago. Well, it didn't.
The world was supposed to end back in 2000. Well it didn't.
Granted, Mr. Trump is a wildcard. He's been in and out of bankruptcy, though, so he knows how that shit works and could be our ace in the hole. :)

Here is how it will all play out. World War Three sends us back in time and we start over with Goats and Pebbles. Humor is Good!

Love;
Marc

Last edited:
Marc
do you not think that hyper inflation will cause some kind of replacement means of exchange to be required ?

As to WW3, I dont buy into the fear pumping and reckon the mutually assured destruction logic is alive and kicking ..........

Marc
do you not think that hyper inflation will cause some kind of replacement means of exchange to be required ?

Past performance is no guarantee of future results. HyperInflation is not a given.

This time it is different. I know what the problem is, I know how to fix it and I ain't telling. :)

Goats and Pebbles...

Marc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom