Vitamins, Supplements, Weight Loss Drugs, Etc,

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
I'm a fitness & health buff. Not a body builder - functional fitness / good health is my thing. To that end I read about & watch vids on vitamins and supps. Figured I start a thread where I could post some of the stuff I come across for anyone interested.

If anyone has some info or an opinion they want to share..........please, feel free.

Don't neglect Vitamin A​

Jul 4, 2023

25:30

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@albardo08/videos

For fitness tips check out the fitness thread:

Health & Wellness - Physical Fitness - Weightlifting

Vitamin news from Science Daily

Nothing to see. Can listen in one window, play around on the forum in a different window. 28 minutes long.

Fruit Myths​

Jul 11, 2023

First time I've heard of this.

From the link:

Healthy? Yes, sure. Cloudberry contains four times as much vitamin C as an orange. It also contains kalium, zinc, magnesium and beta carotene. Health benefits are reduced risk for diabetes, helps with hormone production, improves immunity and it even has therapeutic benefits for several common, chronic diseases like fighting cancer or reversing heart disease.

How Dangerous are Artificial Sweeteners?​

Oct 10, 2023

26:06

*Nothing to see. Can listen in one tab, play around on the forum in a different tab.

Natural Antibiotics​

Oct 24, 2023

16:59

Common dietary nutrient blasts blood vessel plaques in study​

While statin drugs are good at controlling plaques in blood vessels, they can't eliminate them once they are established. But researchers may have just found a way to blast the circulatory system clean using a common nutrient found in many foods.

That nutrient is manganese, a metallic element with the atomic number 25. Manganese is important for our health, acting as a coenzyme to help with carbohydrate and fat metabolism and playing a role in the proper function of our nerves and brains. The element also helps in the formation of connective tissue, sex hormones, bones and more.

Tried to watch that, but damn, is he a horrible speaker.

May be his accent. Originally from NY. Usually nothing to see in his vids. Just him sitting at a desk talking into a mic. His interviews are different.

Jerry's an interesting and knowledgeable guy. Old head bodybuilder, held several titles back in the day, thousands of articles & vids on health, nutrition, weightlifting, etc.

The Truth About Supplement Expiration Dates​

Nov 7, 2023

18:45

Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab. 17 mins 50n secs long

Is Ginseng a useful Supplement?​

Nov 14, 2023

To obtain the best and most informative information about nutrition; exercise science; ergogenic aids; anti-aging research; effective fat loss techniques; supplement science; women's health and fitness and much more, subscribe today to Jerry Brainum's Applied Metabolics, www.appliedmetabolics.com. The only digital publication that comes with over 60 years of knowledge and practical experience, an incomparable resource.

From the link:

A federal court ordered the brand Balance of Nature to stop producing and selling its dietary supplement products this week, after the Food and Drug Administration accused the two Utah-based companies behind it of repeatedly breaking the law in how they made and marketed their supplements.

The FDA says the company marketing Balance of Nature, Evig LLC, and its CEO Lex Howard had flouted years of federal warnings about overstepping limits in what they could claim about diseases their supplements could cure or prevent.

Meanwhile, those responsible for manufacturing the supplements, Premium Productions LLC and its CEO Ryan Petersen, were accused of not doing enough to ensure their products actually contained the ingredients they claimed to.

Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab.

The Benefits of Shiitake Mushrooms​

Nov 28, 2023

25:40

The Most Important MINERAL for Clean Arteries (Prevent Heart Attack/Stroke) Dr. Mandell​

Nov 28, 2023

3:42

Magnesium prevents muscle spasms of the heart blood vessels, which can lead to a high blood pressure and a heart attack. Magnesium prevents calcium buildup in cholesterol plaque in arteries, which leads to clogged arteries. Magnesium levels are inversely associated with cardiovascular disease risk. Magnesium also helps direct calcium into the bones and out of the soft tissue within the body.

PubMed:
Magnesium Intake Is Inversely Associated With Coronary Artery Calcification
The Framingham Heart Study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...

Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab. Audio needs to come up a bit. 29 mins long. Dec 5, 2023

The BEST Mineral for Deep SLEEP | Dr. Mandell​

I will review the many physiological effects of what magnesium can do for your brain and body, so you can get a good nights sleep. Dr. M

Here are some of the health benefits of magnesium for sleep:
1. Relaxation and Calming Effects: Magnesium has natural muscle relaxant properties, which can help relax the body and mind, promoting a sense of calmness. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who struggle with anxiety or racing thoughts before bed.
2. Regulation of Melatonin: Magnesium helps regulate the production of melatonin, a hormone that plays a vital role in sleep-wake cycles. Adequate levels of magnesium can support the body's natural melatonin production, promoting better sleep quality.
3. Improved Sleep Duration: Studies have shown that magnesium supplementation can help increase total sleep time. By improving sleep duration, magnesium can contribute to feeling more rested and rejuvenated upon waking.
4. Enhanced Sleep Quality: Magnesium has been found to improve sleep quality by increasing slow-wave sleep (deep sleep) and reducing the occurrence of nighttime awakenings. Deep sleep is essential for physical restoration and memory consolidation.
5. Reduction of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS): Restless Leg Syndrome is a condition characterized by an irresistible urge to move the legs, often causing discomfort and disrupting sleep. Magnesium supplementation has shown promising results in reducing RLS symptoms, allowing for better sleep.
6. Regulation of GABA: Magnesium helps regulate the activity of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation and reduces brain activity. By enhancing GABA function, magnesium can help calm the nervous system and promote better sleep.

9:03

The Most Powerful SEED on the Planet: Overcoming Serious Health Issues! Dr. Mandell​

Jan 18, 2024
Some call it one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. Flaxseed has the highest amount of plant-based omega-3. It helps to reduce your risk of heart disease, clogged arteries, cancer, stroke, diabetes, as well as many other conditions. That’s quite a tall order for a tiny seed that’s been around for centuries.

While there are no specific recommendations for flaxseed intake, 1-2 tablespoons a day is considered a healthy amount. One tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains 37 calories, 2 grams of polyunsaturated fat (includes the omega-3 fatty acids), 0.5 gram of monounsaturated fat and 2 grams of dietary fiber.

6:27

More:

Take the Ultimate Water Challenge: Your Key to Proven Weight Loss Success! Dr. Mandell​

I challenge you to start drinking a glass or two of water before your meals and you will experience these great results in your weight loss journey. This will boost your metabolism, aid in digestion, reduce bloating, and help facilitate weight loss.

How Ozempic, other weight-loss drugs are "changing medicine"​

Ozempic and other GLP-1 class medications are being proven beneficial for reducing cardiovascular risk and treating diabetes. But they also signal fullness to the brain and regulate blood sugar, allowing people to lose on average 10 to 20 percent of their body weight in the first year. For many of the roughly 74 percent of Americans who are overweight or obese, that's almost unimaginable. Correspondent Susan Spencer talks with doctors and patients about how these drugs work, and why they are considered life-changing (and even, for Wall Street analysts, a miracle).

8:40

One Vital Vitamin That Nourishes Your Nerves and Brain! Dr. Mandell​

Vitamin C is also crucial for the formation of collagen in the body, including in the brain. This is notable because collagen is important for blood vessel formation and the delivery of essential nutrients and oxygen to the brain. Studies indicate that vitamin C deficiency in the brain is associated with a reduction in angiogenesis and vascular dysfunction.

The brain has one of the highest concentrations of vitamin C in the body, highlighting its significance in the maintenance of brain health. Vitamin C supports the brain’s health of nerve cells and blood vessels, which is crucial for optimal brain function and protection against neurodegenerative diseases.

4:52

The King of the Mushrooms​

Jerry talks about Chaga mushrooms

22:34

I inherited diabetes from my ancestors. Me, my father, and my oldest son, all have/had diabetes. My son was diagnosed when he was only 9. So he has been dealing with it much longer than I have. I was diagnosed when I was in my mid 50's.

I really have no choice but to use artificial sweeteners. I prefer to use Stevia but I do also use Splenda and at times Aspartame. I cannot stand Saccharin.

My dad discovered he had diabetes when he was in his 50's also. I was in my 20's when he became diabetic. He had a much more difficult time controlling his blood sugars, and passed away when he was 82 from organ failure. He lived with the disease for about 30 years. Several years after my dad got it, my son was diagnosed. I really thought I knew quite a bit about the disease when my dad got it. Then after my son got it I thought I was an expert at dealing with it. After I was diagnosed I discovered I didn't know shit about it. ......:unsure::unsure::unsure: 😆😆😎

Fast forward to today. I recently started on Ozempic at the advice of my VA Dr and the VA diabetic pharmacist assigned to me. I am still taking my long acting insulin but I'm off my twice daily short acting insulin. I am also using the Dexcom 7 Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM). So no more testing. I just use the CGM for about 10 days and then replace it. Its really helped me control the disease a lot better. I have lost about 10 lbs. but that is not really my goal.

Thanks Searcher for posting all of these links and helpful health info. It confirms a lot of the things I'm doing to take care of myself and gives me some ideas about other things I could be doing.

@Vichris.........thanks for the kind words. Wishing you all the best 🍺

BTW........I wasn't kidding when I mentioned starting a hunting thread. I did a search on one of your pics. You're a pro. I believe it would be a great thread. jm2c

I wasn't kidding when I mentioned starting a hunting thread. I did a search on one of your pics. You're a pro. I believe it would be a great thread. jm2c
Thanks, but I'm really not a pro. I will admit I have been pretty successful. I really do consider myself to be a Trophy hunter. I do not waste meat or organs but I do strive to kill the biggest trophy animals that I can get within range of my shooting abilities. I have tried to help others be successful hunters too, but it has not worked out as well as I wish it would. I'd have to say it has a lot to do with, if you've got the "killer instinct". I think in years past it was much more common.

I have an idea along these lines that I will start soon on this forum. Thanks for the encouragement.

This one is a podcast, really nothing to see, can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab. Pretty good, imo. A bit long - 1:48:47. I listened in segments.

ASC #54 Jerry Brainum on Turkesterone, is GH overrated? Finasteride and ED, heart health supplements​

Feb 4, 2024

My favorite expert to talk to on all things supplements Jerry Brainum returns to discuss

Is GH overrated?
The benefits of CCK for appetite control and how to increase it
Is CCK as effective as GLP-1 agonists such as Ozempic
Are Edysterones and turkesterone effective?
The most important mineral for healthy blood pressure
Top supplements to support ideal blood pressure
The two best supplements for insulin sensitivity
Does Finasteride cause ED in a high percentage of users?
The connection between physique composition and testosterone levels
The bait-and-switch approach used frequently by supplement companies
Did the original MetRx have a secret ingredient that enhanced fat loss?
Why low-carb diets can be very effective for fat loss
And much more!

How EGGS Protect, Nourish, and Heal the Brain! Dr. Mandell​

Eggs are a nutritional powerhouse for brain health, largely due to their high content of choline, a critical component for the synthesis of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in mood, memory, and overall cognitive function. The brain utilizes choline to maintain cell membrane integrity and facilitate the communication between neurons, which is essential for brain development and function. Additionally, eggs are rich in B vitamins, including B12 and folate, which play a role in regulating homocysteine levels in the blood, thereby reducing the risk of cognitive decline and brain diseases. The presence of antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin in eggs also helps protect the brain from oxidative stress and inflammation, further supporting mental acuity and the prevention of age-related neurological diseases. All these benefits make eggs an excellent food choice for maintaining a healthy and sharp mind. 6 mins long.

Avoid These Mistakes When Buying MAGNESIUM | Dr. Mandell​

Mar 1, 2024

Millions of people worldwide are taking the wrong kind of magnesium for their bodies. I will share some very important information so you and your family can stay healthy. Dr. Mandell

9:44

Cure CONSTIPATION Fast...Solutions Within Hours | Dr. Mandell​

Mar 5, 2024

Constipation is a condition in which you may have fewer than three bowel movements a week; stools that are hard, dry, or lumpy; stools that are difficult or painful to pass; or a feeling that not all stool has passed. This video will help you relieve your constipation naturally and safely.

6:42

In this video Jerry talks about food and other things that can lower testosterone. There's nothing to see, can listen in one tab, surf the forum in a different tab. 33 mins long.

Anti-Testosterone foods​

Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab.

What are GHK Copper Peptides?​

Apr 30, 2024

36:53

Back
Top Bottom