Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well, he's not wrong!

Trump said and did as much and you see what they did to stop him...

Something about him makes my inner voice say Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!

I can’t put my finger on it but I am reserving judgment.

Let’s revisit this post in a year and see how it plays out.

Today's guest is Vivek Ramaswamy, an Ohio-based biotech entrepreneur and best-selling author who is running for the Republican presidential nomination. His America First 2.0 platform combines some libertarian elements (prioritizing economic growth, opposing central bank digital currencies, shutting down whole federal agencies) with others that are anything but ("using our military to annihilate Mexican drug cartels").

He tells Zach Weissmueller and me why Donald Trump has accomplished as much as he ever will as president and why Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis—who, like Ramaswamy, opposes woke corporate activities—is simply "responding to what the base wants, jumping like a circus monkey without actually having independent thoughts about what our actual principles ought to be." He discusses why he thinks Julian Assange should be pardoned and why the FBI, IRS, and other federal agencies should be shuttered. And he explains why he no longer calls himself a libertarian.

More (incl. podcast):

The Federal Reserve should be reduced to a single mandate of price stability, and the dollar can be strengthened by tying it to a basket of commodities. That is according to 2024 Presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy, who is currently running as a Republican Primary Candidate.

"I would put the Fed back in its place to have a single mandate, to focus on stabilizing the U.S. dollar as a unit of measurement, period, rather than trying to focus on multiple other mandates," Ramaswamy told Michelle Makori, Lead Anchor and Editor-in-Chief at Kitco News.
"I think the right answer is not necessarily to go back to the gold standard, but more precisely to go to a gold-like standard, which is a basket of commodities that includes farm commodities, gold, silver nickel, etcetera," he stated. "If it's a diversified enough basket of commodities, then there would not be a volatile dollar."

You don't need to back the dollar with commodities. It would be enough to "go GAULT". $.02

Back
Top Bottom