Vivek's take on the Fed

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chigg

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score

This guy talks the best game, but he is unproven.

This guy talks the best game, but he is unproven.
I don't trust him.

Comes from out of nowhere and has all the in depth answers...?

Vivek Ramaswamy Repeatedly Uses Barack Obama’s Talking Points

You guys need to take a chill pill. So you don't trust someone who has all the right answers? What are you looking for? Would you trust anyone?

My idiotic extended family won't even consider Vivek because "Hindu." I have a feeling most of this is coming from the fact that his skin is brown, but nobody will actually say it.

Vivek has the best message since Ron Paul.

If you want to distrust someone, then take a hard look at Trump's original campaign promises compared to his actual first term. Look at the national debt before and after Trump. Look at Trump and the Covid response. Look at all of his Cabinet choices - he constantly blamed the people around him for all of his "failures," yet every single one was his choice for the position. Maybe he always intended to do the opposite of what he promised, so he surrounded himself with scapegoats.

I met Vivek Thanksgiving Day by pure chance as he was leaving an on camera interview in Des Moines. We chatted for a minute while he stood there holding his his kid, and it was like we were old friends. All I got from that encounter was genuineness.

Ask yourself, if Vivek is a ploy, why isn't the deep state (MSM) promoting him?

I'm a bit torn in my thoughts on Vivek. Knowing a bit about his business history, he comes across to me like an educated snake oil salesman. Hard to know how much of what he says is genuine versus calculated sales pitch. His campaign rhetoric is definitely more aligned with my thinking on many issues that are important to me than anyone else running, but he's also a bit too radical for me in some of his positions and proposed solutions.

In the video in the OP, he mentions pegging the dollar to commodities (by executive order?). I'm not sure how he envisions that working. The Fed will push back citing political independence from anything he tries to unilaterally impose on them. Getting Congress to pass Ron Paul's old Competing Currencies bill or a GAULT equivalent would be a much less disruptive solution (and therefore, preferable IMO).

I'm not sure that he has the personality/temperment to work with Congress to set or push an agenda. He seems to relish in burning bridges with brash talk. Maybe that's all a calculated campaign strategy though. However, it niggles at the back of my mind the comment he made during an interview when he was asked if he would accept a VP position. He said he doesn't work well as a subordinate*. If you can't work with other people - if you have to be the king - that's not a great personality trait for the office of the POTUS IMO.

* https://www.newsnationnow.com/danabramslive/ramaswamy-wont-accept-a-vice-presidency-offer-its-a-no/

On the other hand, he's a lot less likely to succumb to dementia on the job than the 80+ year olds that are apparently leading in the polls.

Here's the thing, if he (or anyone else) was running as a candidate AND a genuine threat to the MIC, he would have been taken out (politically, figuratively, literally) well before he could become a talking point, let alone a contender.

Well, at least since Kennedy.

I've just seen way too many smarmy maneuvers while he was CEO of Roivant and too many flip-flops in his opinion on various subjects. pmbug took the words out of my mouth—snake oil salesman.

I will say this: I have a gun to my head, and I have to pull that lever and vote for someone; he gets the nod.

I immensely dislike the fact that America never votes to put the best, most qualified person into the position of president. We're always settling for the lesser of two evils.

Right now, I see Vivek as the least evil of our given options.

How can a President just arbitrarily End the Fed?

...are we THAT much of a banana republic, now, that it's government by ignoring laws?

Sorry. It's a good result; but it's a REAL bad idea to set that precedent. I'd rather see the demented stooge who decided he didn't like borders and immigration laws, shot in the head, than see our side do the same thing, just increasing the chances for chaos. For later reversal; and even for Woketard reprisals.

...are we THAT much of a banana republic, now, that it's government by ignoring laws?

Sorry. It's a good result; but it's a REAL bad idea to set that precedent.

Fair call, but substantial arguments exist positing that the Fed came into existence unlawfully; a president declaring it to be abolished in that eventuality wouldn't be breaking any laws?

Perhaps because the Fed has broken its charter?

I don't think lawless chaos is the way to end lawless financial chaos.

I don't wanna be put in the role of defending the central bank. But the roles of the three branches of government, are spelled out. No matter how many times Bubba or Barry or Alzheimer did or does the Stroke-of-Pen-Law-of-Land number, it is not legal; it is not right; it invites chaos and also retaliation later.

My idiotic extended family won't even consider Vivek because "Hindu." I have a feeling most of this is coming from the fact that his skin is brown, but nobody will actually say it.

This is it. Read through all the comments, but this one is it.

I live in a pretty diverse area. Lotta different flavors of peeps. Don't hear about any strife. But no one has forgotten 9/11. Doesn't matter what he says, no one I know would vote for him because he reminds them of the people behind 9/11. The fact that he's a Hindu means squadouche. It's that he looks middle eastern.

I don't think lawless chaos is the way to end lawless financial chaos.
We don't really know how it will be done. Maybe a gradual weaning off the tit of made up out of thin air wealth?

The end of the Fed won't come from any of the three branches of govco, it will only come from outside the system in a manner that neuters the entire funny money system (and takes those that benefit from its existence with it).

Here's the thing, if he (or anyone else) was running as a candidate AND a genuine threat to the MIC, he would have been taken out (politically, figuratively, literally) well before he could become a talking point, let alone a contender.

Well, at least since Kennedy.
Without a doubt!

I've been reading and watching Vivek a bit more as the Iowa campaigning has progressed over the last week or so. While i think he's still a bit too extreme in some of his positions, I think I prefer the balance of his positions versus the others in the GOP field. He'll likely moderate a bit for a general election if he won the GOP nomination.

Massie is one of the few peeps in DC that I respect. He is backing DeSantis over Vivek and explained why on X:

He states he's backed some folk who talk a great game but then sell out.
Personally, I think he's gonna be disappointed with DeSantis.
In reality, when I stop and think about it, I believe we're all gonna be disappointed regardless of who ends up "winning".

This is it. Read through all the comments, but this one is it.

I live in a pretty diverse area. Lotta different flavors of peeps. Don't hear about any strife. But no one has forgotten 9/11. Doesn't matter what he says, no one I know would vote for him because he reminds them of the people behind 9/11. The fact that he's a Hindu means squadouche. It's that he looks middle eastern.

Back
Top Bottom