What the WEF just did at Davos in the Desert is INSANE | Redacted with Natali and Clayton Morris

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

A summary or comment on what is interesting about the video would be appreciated. I tried to watch some of it, but could only get a few minutes in. They don't show the primary sources they are talking about and their commentary is speculative drivel.

I looked around a bit and found the the agenda for the conference published here:

It's typical corporate marketing for a conference IMO.

A little background on the event posted here:
Some of the biggest players have gathered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for the annual Future Investment Initiative (FII). The conference is often referred to as “Davos in the Desert,” as they are competing with the World Economic Forum to be the largest economic conference of the year. Washington’s relationship with Saudi Arabia is at a standstill, but that is not preventing Wall Street’s chief names from attending.
Former Treasury Secretary Mnuchin and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who both run private funds backed by the Saudis, were in attendance. JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon and Goldman’s David Solomon spoke at the event along with Blackstone’s Stephen Schwarzman and investor Ray Dalio. FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried also spoke at the event. No one associated with the Biden Administration was in attendance as Washington is re-evaluating its relationship with Saudi Arabia.

A summary or comment on what is interesting about the video would be appreciated. I tried to watch some of it, but could only get a few minutes in. They don't show the primary sources they are talking about and their commentary is speculative drivel.

I looked around a bit and found the the agenda for the conference published here:

It's typical corporate marketing for a conference IMO.

A little background on the event posted here:

She does mention the site twice in the video, 1st close to the beginning when her husband asks, and again toward the end of the video.

I must have missed their first mention. Mia culpa if so. My point stands though. The agenda document is typical marketing for a conference like that.

Back
Top Bottom