WHAT'S COOKING?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

How much they want for it?

I think it was around $270 or so. Not sure if that was for the floor display model or not. I passed on it, but I was looking at it.

My big cooking expense this year was for an Ooni Koda pizza oven. We love it. It's capable of hitting 900 degrees, but the sweet spot is 750. Bought a Klein infrared temperature gun so I can monitor the middle of the stone for the correct temp. Cooks a 16" pizza in about 90 seconds. Gives it the nice slightly charred crust like from a brick oven.

pizza1.JPG

pizza2.JPG

The only insects I consider are crabs, lobsters, and shrimp.

I think it was around $270 or so. Not sure if that was for the floor display model or not. I passed on it, but I was looking at it.

My big cooking expense this year was for an Ooni Koda pizza oven. We love it. It's capable of hitting 900 degrees, but the sweet spot is 750. Bought a Klein infrared temperature gun so I can monitor the middle of the stone for the correct temp. Cooks a 16" pizza in about 90 seconds. Gives it the nice slightly charred crust like from a brick oven.

View attachment 5730

View attachment 5731
Drooling

It looks good. But I just bought 80% at $3.20/lb, or 80 cents per 1/4 lb. Bacon is finally! down to $4/lb on sale. Potatoes are often on sale for fifty cents a pound, and frying oil is cheap (ie, free, yes free.). No shake for me.

So I have not eaten at a restaurant for many years, maybe ten? So your mileage may vary on the meal costs.

But you do seem to have a good grip on income, so I applaud you on that. I moved to Wyoming, and love the place, but there is no tech jobs anywhere here.

Made some baked potato wedges. Seasoned with salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning, then baked. Made pickled Vidalia onions by cutting up an onion, adding salt and pepper, brown sugar, lime juice & a little water. Microwaved for a minute, stirred, cooked another 2 minutes. Let sit for a bit then sprinkled them over the potatoes and topped with cheese and a few of my hot peppers.

Screenshot_20230117-194423.png

Open faced Fajitas!
Yeah, close. But with teriyaki/soy sauce rather than traditional fajita seasonings.
So very similar, but a somewhat different flavor profile.
And I reckon that rice or a tortilla could be interchangeable either way, as could beef or chicken.

I have been having fun creating my own Chick-Fil-A sandwiches at home. The secret is to marinate the chicken in half pickle juice and half milk. Pull the chicken out of the marinade and run through seasoned flour. Then back in the marinade and back through the flour for a "double dip". I bought a restaurant quality deep fryer from Restaurant Depot and deep fry them at 350 for 6 minutes. Toast the buns under the broiler and serve with pickle slices.

lunch1.jpg

View attachment 5730

View attachment 5731
That's what MY crusts look like!! Like some kid in Mrs. Hennessey's third grade made it.

Still tastes great, but...

I have been having fun creating my own Chick-Fil-A sandwiches at home. The secret is to marinate the chicken in half pickle juice and half milk. Pull the chicken out of the marinade and run through seasoned flour. Then back in the marinade and back through the flour for a "double dip". I bought a restaurant quality deep fryer from Restaurant Depot and deep fry them at 350 for 6 minutes. Toast the buns under the broiler and serve with pickle slices.

View attachment 6206
FWIW I just found "Chicken Sauce" at Dollar general a few days ago that tastes exactly like Chick-fil-A sauce.

Screenshot_20230125-160122.png

Back
Top Bottom