What's your daily carry?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jrog100

Predaceous Stink Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Russia
Just curious what ya'll are carrying on a daily basis. Like most, I/m sure that depends on the weather and maybe even to some extent where you're travelling to.

Here's a list of what I occasionally carry - depending on the weather:

1. S&W J Frame 38 special (158 GR Hornady XTP)
2. Glock 26 (Wincherster HP's)
3. Kimber Micro 9 (Winchester HP's)

And then for the wilderness it's usually a 1911 10mm - I may need to switch over to the venerable G20 or G29 in the near future as I've FINALLY gotten onto the Glock bandwagon. The capacity of the Glock makes the 1911 a little less desireable to me even though 1911's are way cooler.

Ruger LCP & Glock 42. I also sometimes use a Glock 26 or Ruger SP-101 .357 mag.

If you are shopping try a Taurus G2 (G26 clone) and Taurus GX4. Both are < $250 online.

Ruger LCP & Glock 42. I also sometimes use a Glock 26 or Ruger SP-101 .357 mag.

If you are shopping try a Taurus G2 (G26 clone) and Taurus GX4. Both are < $250 online.
I couldnt ever bring myself to owning a Taurus or a Hi Point :) Those 2 brands are taboo to me.

I couldnt ever bring myself to owning a Taurus or a Hi Point :) Those 2 brands are taboo to me.

While I have a couple of their pistols & they function fine, they aren't something I'd want to EDC, not because I don't think they are reliable, but cause they are bulky & not well balanced. I do have a Hi-Point carbine in 40 cal though that I love as does the rest of the family. Super reliable & surprisingly accurate. My only ding is the magazines only hold 10 rounds. You can get aftermarket ones that hold 15 but they stick way too far out for my liking. If they accepted Glock mags or some other hi-cap mag, I'd probably buy another one or two, especially one in 10mm.

While I have a couple of their pistols & they function fine, they aren't something I'd want to EDC, not because I don't think they are reliable, but cause they are bulky & not well balanced. I do have a Hi-Point carbine in 40 cal though that I love as does the rest of the family. Super reliable & surprisingly accurate. My only ding is the magazines only hold 10 rounds. You can get aftermarket ones that hold 15 but they stick way too far out for my liking. If they accepted Glock mags or some other hi-cap mag, I'd probably buy another one or two, especially one in 10mm.
Hi Points have been notoriously reliable since they were made. Can't say the same about Taurus quality. it's been spotted over the years. And they use S&W patents which never sat well with me.

Taurus is much better now. The GX4 is value leader CCW, but if $ is no option buy a Sig.

I have a TX-22 and it's my favorite .22lr of all time.

Well I definitely agree with you on the Hi Point. But Taurus is in a totally different league. In the past Taurus made some inferior products but for the most part these days they out do S&W. BTW, I worked for the Biggest firearms distributor in the country and know a little bit about this business.

As for what I like to carry I've become accustom to the Springfield SA-35. Its a fine replica of the Browning Hi Power with several nice upgrades. I absolutely love this handgun,....... https://www.guns.com/news/reviews/review-1k-rounds-with-the-springfield-sa-35-hi-power

Last edited:
i mostly pocket carry a kahr pm9 due to its small size/weight ....holster carry its usually a walther p99 or a spfld XDS...or even sometimes a Ruger sp101 ......

i dont own either brand but Taurus is making decent guns for the most part good low cost beginner guns ..........Hi Points good or bad are the brunt of gun jokes in my circles so thats a no go for me

I sometimes carry this Taurus 856 38spl. Loaded with reversed hollow base wadcutters.

STA60845.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom