What's your favorite 1oz silver coin?

What is your favorite 1oz silver bullion coin?

• American Silver Eagle

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Canadian Silver Maple

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Engelhard American Prospector

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottsdale Omnia

• Australian animal (Kookaburras, Koalas, Kangaroos, etc.)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Australian lunar series

• Chinese Pandas

• Austrian Philharmonic

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sunshine Rounds

• Silvertowne Rounds

• Total voters

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Feel free to flog me with a red herring if I left out your favorite from the poll.

My brother gave me some cool Euro 1 and 2 oz French and German silver coins...pretty cool though I do like the Aussie animal ones as well...

American Eagles, hands down. At least as an American. Now, it is worth a $4 premium to spot? Depends on what the premium to spot is for other recognized 1oz coins.

I've been mostly into Eagles since I'm fairly new to PMs and they are the easiest to get comfortable with, but I've been looking into others as well.

Nuggets, I agree that the Libertads are a nice looking coin. The Maple is good too, I could live without EII on it, but the leaf itself is a very nice design.

Libertads (old style), some revisions of the Brits are nice. Eagles & Maples for quantity. I don't really turn down any silver coins tbh, they're all good!

I like the smooth edge of Austrian Philharmonic, so sexy when they are stacked!!

I don't know if everyone is into collecting coins purely wealth preservation, but this year, 2011, is the first year that the San Francisco mint was used to make ASE since 1992. Source If you're into bullion and coins in general enough to try and collect some key dates that will appreciate in value over a long time, be sure to scoop up a few for the long haul.

I agree, I love all silver rounds and variety is great. I have the most of ASE's and Canadian maple leafs, but I also prize my Mex onzas,Englehard prospectors, and unusal .999 rounds such as the one that commemorates a Georgia Tech Football Championship from 1980.

Silver Liberty Bust w/out the date on the front.
Has 13 stars surrounding "LIBERTY" written above her.
Supposedly Jefferson's wife.
No not "The Jeffersons!"

Says "ONE TROY OUNCE 999 FINE SILVER" on the back.
With an eagle and badge. "D" mint mark
No USA, or God talk written.

Looking good and reflecting back to the time of, the Republic of the United States of America.
Not many to be found any longer. Occasionally on Ebay, overpriced. Scored a 2 OZ
version @ spot couple months ago.

have some Republic of Texas coinage (for entertainment purposes only, of course). :rotflmbo:

American Eagles...BOOYAH!

But unfortunately, all of my PM's were lost in a tragic boating accident. Fairly uncommon event...just wrong place, wrong time.

American Eagles for me. Yes, they a high premium, but they are more recognizable as they are American and so common. Your counterparty in a "silver for X" trade might like that recognizable thing...

I picked this guy up for spot the other day (5 ounces) didn't know if it was real or not, turns out I scored!

002-89.jpg

I gave the local jewelry shop 145, seems this date starts at 245.

Back
Top Bottom