When to buy

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cybrsk8r

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
With prices down, I'm looking to expand my stack. So here's the question. What time of day is best to pull the trigger? If the manipulation of PMs occurs on a daily cycle, and if that cycle is repeated every day, it would be stupid not to try to buy at or near the bottom of the cycle. So, at what time of day is silver typically cheapest?

Just bought some Phillies, Koalas, and some JM bars.

My LCS lets me phone in when I want to buy and lock in the price, so I can watch spot from home/work and pull the trigger when I like where the spot is at. Of course, you can do the same with most online retailers.

I'd advise you to make sure your LCS (or online dealer) actually has any inventory left in stock.

Yea, I know. It looks like APMEX might be out of ASEs, Maples, and some of the generic rounds. I've taken to buying from APMEX thru their E-bay store. Prices look the same as on their web-site, but shipping charges are less.

Liberty still has some government-issued and rounds. They're out of bars (like most other dealers).

Edit: Never mind, looks like they've got a few ASEs left at their Del Mar store. They have some Libertads.

Last edited:
Paul Sims:

1-800-368-3039

ASE

31.55 each , 5.00 flat shipping, no limit

no shortage

no limit = lying

There obviously is a limit. This isn't fiat paper here.

Well, in their defense, nobody will buy ASEs at $8+ over spot. If no-one buys, they won't run out, thereby unlimited.

Yes, I understood. When a vendor tells me that, I take it to mean they aren't to be trusted when they claim to have inventory in stock.

Markets are cyclical and it’s difficult to analyze if the bottom is actually the bottom or is there a bottom below that.

goldsilverbottom.jpg

Yep..the bottoms are definitely in!

Sorry for my childish humor. :)

-Q

Back
Top Bottom