When You Just Ain’t Got it All Together

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

What a cool dude. He reminds me of the old TV show Gun Smoke. He is very wise. However it would be nice to "get it all together" at least before dying. 😂
There was one character on Gunsmoke who looked like him, esp. around the mouth.

What a cool dude. He reminds me of the old TV show Gun Smoke. He is very wise. However it would be nice to "get it all together" at least before dying. 😂
He does seem that way...the old rancher, out behind the homestead.

It's a shock to realize that I'm nine years older than that "old rancher."

He makes a lot of good points. But then...the snarky NeYawker that I was born being, comes out...it's so easy to be reflective, self-examining, and thoughtful, when you have the time and rustic comforts allowed in such a world.

For most of my adult life, I was DRIVEN. Like a rented mule. No fire-pit for me...rush home, into bed, because the morning clock-in time (split-shifts make for short evenings) was coming up.

I had a choice, of course. I could quit...and go live on the street. Later, quitting would have jeopardized my six-figure wage. When I realized that even seniority wasn't going to protect me from the chaos of a railroad merger...I did quit, and did do some of the leisurely things he recommended. Hiked and motorcycled all across the nation.

But I was already over 50, when I found a way to work those breaks into my routine.

I'm reminded of something my mother used to say, when she was the age I am now. "Youth," she'd deadpan..."is wasted on the young."

How true. Just when I figure out the answers, they change the questions. And unfortunately I never got a Dry Creek spread with a beautiful fire-pit.

"Old timer" spitting wisdom
Guess what I've been doing since yesterday?

Watching all his videos from the beginning (1.5x).

It starts about a year and a half ago.

In that time he thanks folks for 10,000 subs

When I started yesterday it was 241,000 subs and now he's up to 247,000!!!

What a treat he is to the common man.

Back
Top Bottom