WHere do you buy your PMS?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

silvercoinrn

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this has probably been discussed but im interested in how everyone collects.

Personally I started with one coin, about 6 months ago, that my dad found in circulation. It was a dime and that turned into lots of other purchases. I post ads on CL and ask everyone I meet if they have any silver coins that they would like to sell. I have done pretty well with many of my purchases including a 14.5 troy ounce silver bar, one ounce bars for 15 each. sterling silverware many sterling rounds, morgans peace and halves.

I just want to get to know everyone. :wave:

Welcome, silvercoinrn! You have found a good place!

And you are off to a good start re buying PMs. My personal favorite is a local coin shop, either (or both) big and long established in your nearest city. But, you will likely NOT get bargains there, it sounds like you have gotten silver at pretty decent prices the way you have been at it.

Good luck, and ask questions! It's OK...

I buy mine at walmart, CVS, and when in stock - the dollar store.

I have shopped at local coin dealers, private sales via ebay, web stores (like apmex, goldmart, provident, monex, etc.), mints (scottsdale silver, nwt) and even amazon.com (when I had a gift coupon).

I just found a fairly local Precious metals store. The guy buys all types of scrap metals. He is ever generous enough to let me go through his scrap pile. I got a tiffany and co business card holder for a few dollars over spot :)

welcome aboard! I've gotten silver all of the above, plus buy rolls at the bank and cherry pick them. Also in general circulation (I work in a grocery store). Stick aroun, you'll hear of all sorts of places!

Back
Top Bottom