Why are there so many "boating" accidents...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
...involving PM's on this board?

Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen now...

You buy gold.

Because your like your gold so much, you also take it fishing with you.

Unfortunately, you hit a submerged rock and the boat sinks, along with the gold, or so the story goes.

The "confiscators" are welcome to go search the lake for your gold; ......or create your own version of story here.

Last edited:
One of my blog readers told me his tale of woe having lost his PMs while icefishing... I wrote him back with my sincere condolences.

I think that the combination of water and PMs is very dangerous. So, next time you go out canoeing, consider leaving the precious in its little hiding pace at home.

Last edited:
My great grandpa shipped an enormous amount of gold on a ship that sank at sea. He overslept that day and missed the departure, so he did not go down with the ship. But sadly, the same cannot be said for the gold, which is forever entombed at the bottom of the Atlantic. The name of that ship was the Titanic.

True story!

The simple truth is that we are just not very good sailors.

Confiscators = IRS

Step one: Poor soul buys one ounce of gold for x USD
Step two: FED prints a ton of money to give to friends
Step three: Due to money supply increases, the USD devalues by z
Step four: Poor soul needs something and wants to sell the one ounce of gold
Step five: Poor soul sells it for x(1+z)
Step six: IRS tells the poor soul he made a profit of x*z
Step seven: IRS demands "income" tax of x*z*(tax rate)

Moral of the story: Poor soul made no real profits, yet still "owed" the IRS

Anyone ever see the episode of into the west where they found the huge ore of gold. sunk to the bottom after the guy fell in the lake with it strapped to his back.

But why would anyone go icefishing with their bullion?

Back
Top Bottom