Wierd problem with PHYS this AM

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DCFusor

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Ok, I have a lot of paper gold, some of it as PHYS (Sprott's stuff).
I have a fast connection, using TD's command center, it has a lot of features, but it's going totally bogus things this AM. On my trade by trade update (really 1/second) it's showing one trade at $262 - and nothing after that (it's usually been in the $14 range). My regular chart shows it at 15.06 right now, yet my gain/loss is showing a 1.79% loss and reporting the current price as 14.79.

In other words, three different charting tools in the same software are showing 3 different (wildly in one case) prices - and nothing is updating, and that's just for PHYS out of a ton of holdings where all is acting normally.

Wonder what I'd get if I sold some? I have 3 prices listed, all different at the same time, and no updates after the open. Think I should get out?

You need to contact the "TD command center" tech support / customer service and bitch loudly about being unable to trade with confidence using their system. You should get free trades (comped commissions) at the very least if they want to keep you as a customer. At least, that's what I would do.

I'm getting the same weirdness on Google finance too - something's up. They were going to offer more units, and there was a HELL of a lot of volume pre-market, then nothing once 9:30 rolled around.

TD's been real good about that kind of thing in the past, and yes, if it's their problem, they fix it and make nice (free trades etc). But this doesn't look like their problem - other sources are getting no data too.

See pic - and it's the same story on google finance.
Screenshot-61.jpg

Look at that huge volume in pre-market, then nothing.

OK, this site totally sucks when you upload a screen shot, compressed and edited, and even the "big" one is much too small to see, let's try again off my site: Now it's too large and you have to scroll. Note nothing on level II at all, huge volume premarket (only this am) then nothing....No one can sell or buy. Are we being Corzined? Is the exchange broken? Did someone halt trading without news?

Screenshot-61.png

On the dot at 10:30, there was crazy volume - one trade over a million shares. Then things look normal - except it was 15.06 at the close yesterday, and now its 14.80 - down when GLD is up 2%! I know they were offering more units, but this isn't dilution the way Sprott *claims* they are doing it.

I don't like this one bit. Supposedly the "safest" in paper gold is the only one not working right? What do people know that we don't? Did someone do an audit and find out that the vault was empty?

Dont see how you can do anything when theres three prices being quoted .........

And if you try, expect it not to work to your advantage and / or a lot of time wasted trying to sort it all out afterwards.

Hope you get through this ok DCF and possibly when things are a bit calmer you can get out of your paper trades without drama or loss.

I have to say, the unannounced trading halt freaked me out (own many thousand shares). Yeah, I put in a few orders (tiny) to test if it'd trade - nope, not till 10:30.

I wanted to rotate out of this anyway - it was "getting ahead of itself" but not at that large a loss. At one point (when it wasn't trading) the bid was only 10 bucks. Now it's climbing again...very strange that halt to trading when it traded like a banshee in premarket (many times the average daily volume in 30 min and it looked like mostly all selling).

Back
Top Bottom