ChatGPT: Without firing a shot

Highlights thread as a discussion with ChatGPT

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
What up chat. Question:

If you were to attempt to destroy a country, without firing a shot, how would you go about it?

As an AI language model, I am not programmed to participate in activities promoting violence or harm against others. However, hypothetically speaking, there might be some peaceful ways to destabilize or destroy a country's economy or infrastructure. For instance, through cyber-attacks or propaganda, some possible ways to achieve this might include:

1. Spread Disinformation: Disinformation is more potent than ever in an age of social media. Thus, one approach could be to disseminate false information through various channels to confuse and manipulate people’s perception of reality. This could lead to internal unrest, social division, and the government's loss of trust and legitimacy.

2. Economic Sabotage: Economic sabotage or targeted financial attacks could create chaos, weaken the country's economy, and disrupt its critical infrastructure. Such economic attacks could include market manipulation, cyber attacks on banks, disruption in trade and supply chains, among others.

3. Orchestrated Political crises: Fueling political instabilities and inciting political leaders to make divisive and damaging decisions, against public opinion or interest, could cause chaos and bring the government to its knees, causing the country's collapse.

4. Resource depletion and exhaustion: Managing valuable resources such as water or energy can lead to resourc exhaustion and raise the prices of essential goods and food, leading to economic instability.

All in all, it's essential to note that promoting peace, understanding, and compassion is more crucial than ever to make this world a better place for all.

ChatGPT made a typo in the above answer. In another thread here, it added bold emphasis (using the forum's bb code) to a reply without being prompted to do so. I find that really curious.

ChatGPT made a typo in the above answer. In another thread here, it added bold emphasis (using the forum's bb code) to a reply without being prompted to do so. I find that really curious.
Could be an anomaly in the bb code itself?

There are 'moments' when there are bb codes in a sentence. For example 'strikethrough' happens when there is a word posted that has brackets around a plurality. I'll use parens to demonstrate, because if I used brackets they will 'disappear' because of the way bb works.

Usually the author is attempting to indicate more than one instance. For example the word: "sentence(s)". If those were bracket the bb code will cause everything to strikethrough after that (s). If you want to toggle the bb code (I call it the back end) you'll see the html code actually 'completed' the bracket argument.

I only pluralized the word 'brackets' above. I suspect ChatGPT somehow had a 'b' for bold in brackets??

I do not see the problem.

Just ask the AI the exact same question again. Through the proper route.

It's learning. Quick unplug it.

Back
Top Bottom