Work, Work, Work...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Man, I have never had this much work before! This is completely crazy at this point. Just when we broke our all-time record for the amount of work on the books, the new owner of LC-39A called and wants to hand us a shitload more. We just completed about five months of modifications to the flame trench on Pad B, and we're still working on the mechanical systems beneath the pad in the PTCR and on the deluge pipes on the other side inn the catacombs and now this. Holy shit batman! We're up to our ass in alligators down here, and it's showing no signs of letting up. There is the second phase of the ECS project bidding next week and the Headquarters after that. This year could be a total crush of all records for my firm. We hit 10 million of work on the books in January, 11.22mm in March and now we'll certainly top 12mm with this time and materials work on A-Pad. If we pick up the second phase of PTCR-ECS upgrades, that will be another 500K+ and with headquarters demolition we would hit 17mm.:cheers: That would be 100% more than our all time highest year ['08] when we hit a little over 8mm dollars.

I sure am glad we were able to hang on by our fingernails for so long.

Last edited:
let the good times roll ............

It was all just a matter of confidence after all (-;

I was wondering how come you were not ranting. You don't have time to rant.

Make hay while the sun shines. Sooner or later you will again be wondering where your next crust of bread is coming from.

Hmmm. 2008? Will 2014 be a repeat of 2008? Might be if your records are any indicator.

Right on Mmerlin, right on point. We will be treating this like a one-off year, stashing away every single penny we can and holding off on ALL capital improvements since the future is so uncertain. The economy is not behaving correctly at all and we are all worried that it is a sort of false flag recovery. If need be, we should have enough at the end of this cycle to sit back and run a few small crews for a very long time.

DC,
All of this backlog [well, 98% of it] is for NASA, so the money will be there. We laid out over a million dollars to float all these projects up to the first check, which comes between 15 and 45 days after submitting application for payment after the first thirty day period. The money is now flowing quite well.

Back
Top Bottom