"Youths" riot in Baltimore

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Coming soon to a city center near you. Think Atlanta, Philly, Orlando, Miami......and on and on. The Media is absolutely complicit in this by calling these subhuman animals "protesters". They're thugs. The most recent "youth" to die as a result of police interaction already had 21 convictions for drugs, carrying illegal weapons, violence against family and strangers, and the band plays on. Just like Trayvon Martin, and Michael Brown, this dude was a thug freak that was looking for trouble and found it. Over 21 convictions and his dear mother comes out and exclaims that he was just trying to turn his life around.

Bullshit. I say these "protesters" destroying inner Baltimore need some live fire from those swat guys. A couple hundred bodies in the street might send a str:popcorn:onger message than their diverse mayor did.

I got a ticket a few weeks ago. How am I still alive? Maybe because I did not pull a knife on the cop.

I am having a bad week. The computer made an error and I spent alot of time and effort fixing it. Only to come home to a NEW problem.

I tried to give a black guy advice- he doesnt want to hear it. He said he wants to be a free man. So under his logic- I am not a free man because I did not pull a knife on the cop. Hey- I hated getting a ticket. But I am polite. I also am still alive.

Baltimore has always been one of America's most dangerous cities, I am not sure why. I do know that violence and "social unrest" (I love that term) are much more common in some areas than others. I used to go to Ballamer (how the locals call it) fairly often in the 1990s, and I did NOT like the place.

Best solution for us as individuals is just to stay away. Baltimore loses tourism because of violence, well "T.S.", there will also be fewer visitors who would be hurt.

Hopefully the prevalence of these situations will help apply enough political will to start requiring cops to wear body cameras. It would solve a whole lot of problems.

It would seem that they have the blessing of their mayor to "destroy" stuff. And destroy they did. Just like Ferguson, they burned the neighborhood businesses, a brand new senior living facility, stores, vans and cars. They further damaged dozens of businesses and did plenty of looting. What ever happened to looters will be shot on sight.

When the first few looters get unapologetically shot down, the looting will cease. Same goes for rioters.

No on body cameras.

I got a ticket. The cop told me 2x all about his body camera. What am I 5? Tell me once- I am not retarded. The fact that he told me twice- was like he was using it as a weapon.

So now I am on tape. Who gets to see that tape? Maybe they can do a voice print/lie detector on my voice print- to see if my reply to "do you know why I pulled you over". Maybe they can find more things to cite me over. Maybe if I run for office that can be pulled up to be used against me. The cop told me twice. I am not retarded. Once would have been fine.

... The cop told me 2x all about his body camera. ...

Perspective Penn.

He likely repeated the statement for the benefit of the recording, not for you. IMO, it's a good thing as he was aware that his actions were reviewable. There is an objective record of the event. He can't do whatever he wants (ie. kill someone) and lie about it afterwards (being the only testimony to the event) like so many tragic situations.

Studies have shown that body cameras do alter police behavior (in a good way). From 2013:
Rialto, a small, working-class city that bakes in the San Bernardino foothills outside Los Angeles, ... is becoming better known for pioneering the use of body cameras on police officers.

Over the past year all 70 of its uniformed officers have been kitted out with the oblong devices, about the size of stubby cigars, and the results have emboldened police forces elsewhere in the US and in the UK to follow suit.

... Rialto's randomised controlled study has seized attention because it offers scientific – and encouraging – findings: after cameras were introduced in February 2012, public complaints against officers plunged 88% compared with the previous 12 months. Officers' use of force fell by 60%.

"When you know you're being watched you behave a little better. That's just human nature," said Farrar. "As an officer you act a bit more professional, follow the rules a bit better."

More: http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-body-cameras-cuts-violence-complaints-rialto

Haven't you heard? One of the talking heads, either on cnn or msnbc said these rioters are all veterans who are coming back ready to make war.

http://www.ydr.com/state/ci_28020525/pennsylvania-state-police-meet-york-before-deploying-baltimore

Pennsylvania State Police meet in York before deploying in Baltimore

The 300 state police troopers that are set to deploy to Baltimore Friday morning met at the York Fairgrounds Thursday evening for a pre-briefing, Lt. Col. George Bivens said.

The meeting at the fairgrounds was closed to the public, but a large amount of state police cruisers packed the parking lot as troopers met inside the Horticultural Hall.

Bivens said the troopers are fully equipped with riot gear and will remain in Baltimore through the beginning of next week. At that point, they will reassess their role with Maryland authorities.

"The role remains to be determined at this point," Bivens said.

Pennsylvania State Police began communicating with Maryland on Monday about traveling south to assist after riots broke out in Baltimore Monday night.

Riots for the most part quieted down this week, but Bivens said troopers were prepared for anything.

"There are concerns this could be a very active weekend in Baltimore," he said.

Back
Top Bottom