2024 Predictions - anyone have a working crystal ball?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
2023 predictions didn't pan out as some expected. Will crystal balls be more accurate for 2024?

James Rickards said:
My next forecast is that a bigger and more acute Stage 2 of the banking crisis is coming after the quiet period that has prevailed since June. This new crisis will be focused on about 20 banks with $200–900 billion in assets — the so-called midsized regional banks that are not too big to fail.
The investment choices are clear. It will be a bad year for stocks, a good year for Treasury securities and a down year for commodities, except for energy and gold. The winners will be Treasuries, gold, oil and King Dollar.

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Crazy 2024 Economic Predictions​

24:28

*Some nice scenery in the vid but you don't need to watch. Can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab.

Here are my predictions (let's see if I get any of them right):
  • The Fed will extend the BTFP program and continue it's stealth bailout for regional banks, thereby avoiding a banking crisis in 2024.
  • Central banks around the world will ramp up CBDC development. The Fed will start lobbying Congress to pass express authorization for a retail CBDC here in the USA. If they don't get it, they will proceed with development of a wholesale (bank level) CBDC.
  • The election year has the Fed walking a tightrope with wanting to ease (cut rates) to make markets happy and needing to stay restrictive to keep a lid on inflation. The inflation fight will last longer than markets are currently expecting. That's going to induce headwinds on stocks and gold.
  • Crypto has some growth vectors that are going to sustain a bull market through 2024. I think the spot BTC ETFs finally get approved by the SEC.
  • OPEC/Saudi/BRICS will continue to challenge American hegemony. America's debt is going to continue ballooning (accelerating) as it finances military responses around the globe.

Here's my GUARANTEED prediction for 2024 (and most likely every year after)
Democrats will continue to do everything they can think of to destroy our country.
Republicans will bitch and moan but take no real actionable efforts to stop them.

Biden will grant citizenship to all migrants and thereby eliminate the immigration argument.

6 Predictions for Crypto in 2024: Pantera’s Paul Veradittakit

This past year has been a testament to the blockchain space’s ability to recover from even the harshest external conditions. From the depths of the “crypto winter” at the beginning of the year, the overall market cap of the crypto space has grown by 90% to $1.69 trillion, with bitcoin more than doubling from its yearly low of $16k in Jan 2023 to over $40k in December.

This post is part of CoinDesk's "Crypto 2024" predictions package.

In 2023, we’ve continued to feel some of the aftershocks of the wave of major collapses in 2022, most notably the FTX trial and verdict and the Binance plea deal in November, as well as the momentary depegging of the USDC stablecoin in March amid the banking crisis. At the same time, we’ve continued to see breakthroughs in the space, including the Ethereum’s Shapella upgrade to a full Proof-of-Stake network, also in March, the ruling that XRP was (mostly) not a security in July, the launch of PayPal’s PYUSD stablecoin and Grayscale’s win over the SEC for the Bitcoin spot ETF in August, and the pioneering of novel tokenized social experiences such as the rise of Friend.tech.

Read it all:

I read their 6 predictions. I agree with 1,3, 4 and 6. I did not understand #2. I have doubts about #5 because of the economics involved.

#6 is more or less why I focused my attention on the top 15-20 crypto by market cap. It's going to take some really significant technology advancement for a new coin/platform to break into the top 20 IMO.

More than three-fourths of economists — 76% — said they believe the chances of a recession in the next 12 months is 50% or less, according to a December survey from the National Association for Business Economics.

Seems a bit optimistic to me. 🤷‍♂️

My Gold Price Forecast For 2024​

Dec 28, 2023
In this video, I give my gold price prediction for 2024 and also talk about what will happen to gold in the coming months!

11:48

My Silver Price Forecast For 2024​

Dec 29, 2023

I was wrong about silver's price for the last three years. Will I be right in 2024?

11:58

Looks like any gold spot < $2k is a buying opportunity. If it goes below $1900 back up the truck. I like platinum too when 1oz sovereign coins are < $1k. When that metal pops it's going to move faster than silver. I have silver, but really only a fan of kilo bars. I always get some kind of tarnish on a few coins since 1975 because of the humidity in Florida.

Looks like any gold spot < $2k is a buying opportunity. If it goes below $1900 back up the truck. I like platinum too when 1oz sovereign coins are < $1k. When that metal pops it's going to move faster than silver. I have silver, but really only a fan of kilo bars. I always get some kind of tarnish on a few coins since 1975 because of the humidity in Florida.
I offer dry storage to PMbug members for free.

Every Prediction Has Changed For Gold and Silver Prices in 2024 - Rick Rule​

Jan 1, 2024

15:23

This year I will finally be right

Ive been a doomer since 2012 ( house sold and 'all in' with what was left after divorce etc )

There just seems to be so much going wrong in the world, with not enough able to see the danger in what those apparently in charge are doing.

The great taking seems to be a reasonable trigger but is starvation a better outcome than a big flash of light ?

:)

Nostradamus’ predications for 2024​

The French astrologer Nostradamus has long been a trendy topic as the clock nears midnight on New Year’s Eve, with the prophet’s predictions—though highly subjective and even more debatable—catching the curiosity en masse for the year ahead.

Unfortunately, the quatrains focused on 2024 are pretty dreary, bordering on chaotic.

But alas, here they are …

https://sports.yahoo.com/nostradamus-predications-2024-214456438.html

GoldSeek Radio Nugget -- Bill Murphy: Has the Gold Cartel Lost Control of the Gold Price?​

12:40

Bill Murphy of Lemetropole Cafe and GATA.org, discusses why 2024 "Could Be Mindboggling for Gold and Silver" https://www.lemetropolecafe.com/.)

- With Gold knocking on all-time record price levels, is the "gold cartel" losing control?
- Will 2024 be the year of "The Big-Breakout?"
- Gold is $200 above the 3.5 year average price!
- With 6 rate hikes likely this year from the US Fed,
- The duo discuss the amazing technical position of gold, holding above all support amid a 3.5 year consolidation, building momentum:

In a recent interview with CNBC, Aakash Doshi, Citi’s North America head of commodities research, said that there is a chance gold prices could hit $3,000 an ounce within the next 12 to 18 months.

However, this is Citi’s bull-case scenario and its base case is slightly more muted. The Bank Citi sees the precious metal averaging $2,150 in the second half of 2024. Doshi said that gold could reach a new record towards the end of 2024.

While many analysts expect gold prices to hit record highs this year, the institution with the most bullish outlook remains Bank of America, as its commodity analysts see the potential for gold to hit $2,400 an ounce this year.

More:

Back
Top Bottom