A government to mint it's currency in Gold, Silver, and Copper

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-group-says-itll-mint-own-coins-100203740.html

"The leader of the Islamic State group has ordered the terror organization to start minting gold, silver and copper coins for its own currency — the Islamic dinar."

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi instructed his followers to mint the coins to "change the tyrannical monetary system" modelled on Western economies that "enslaved Muslims."

"It said the dinar's purchasing power would be its weight in gold, silver or copper."

:popcorn:

Oh my. Prepare for all sound money advocates to be equated with terrorists.

"It said the dinar's purchasing power would be its weight in gold, silver or copper."

so how heavy is a dinar ......... and can I have mine gold weighted please ?

Isn't this exactly why we got rid of Ghadaffi? He wanted to exchange gold for oil, so we erased all their infrastructure using kinetic something or another, then armed the exact militants speaking about creating hard money right now. We created this entire mess, from al quaeda to isis and everything in between. Hamas is also a peripheral creation of ours, since we arbitrarily took a huge chunk of desert and helped give it to Israe3l, displacing a lot of Bedouins in the process.

Yup, Ghadaffi had supported a gold African dinar, for use by African and Muslim countries, for a long.

Back
Top Bottom