A Scary Story!!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I found this little gem on-line and though it important enough to share. For the first time ever, there are more people getting means-tested benefits from the government than there are full time workers. Let that sink in for a minute, then read the story below:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ter...tested-govt-benefit-recipients-outnumber-full

It goes on to say that when non-means tested recipients of government money are figured in, there is only something like 0.75 workers for each beneficiary. Now that's some scary stuff!!

:flushed:

factor in all those getting paid by the USG, not just means tested and its even worse ...........

And none of em will vote for a reduction in their 'share'

This cannot end well :flushed:

Rblong2us,
The scariest part of all this is the absolute and real possibility that should these programs be truncated in any meaningful way, there will be all out pandemonium. The entitlement mentality in this country is beyond anything that can be seen anywhere in the world with the notable exception of the UK. Their health care system is an abomination, having death panels [call them what you like, but they are death panels] a refusal to give hip replacements to people because they are old, which is precisely the people who need them, and inexorable waiting times simply to be seen by a GP. This is exactly what our medical system will turn in to, a third world sick care system within which people die because politicians are in charge of making health care decisions rather than doctors. People will die as a result of Obamacare, and they will die needlessly. The UK also has absurdly high levels of welfare and high welfare payments. Same with unemployment, which if you have three or four people living in an apartment, you can live very well without ever lifting a finger.

Our system is rapidly devolving in to exactly the kind of welfare state England has become. When benefits are cut off, the "people" will go crazy. Our cities will burn.

Rblong2us,
The scariest part of all this is the absolute and real possibility that should these programs be truncated in any meaningful way, there will be all out pandemonium. The entitlement mentality in this country is beyond anything that can be seen anywhere in the world with the notable exception of the UK. Their health care system is an abomination, having death panels [call them what you like, but they are death panels] a refusal to give hip replacements to people because they are old, which is precisely the people who need them, and inexorable waiting times simply to be seen by a GP. This is exactly what our medical system will turn in to, a third world sick care system within which people die because politicians are in charge of making health care decisions rather than doctors. People will die as a result of Obamacare, and they will die needlessly. The UK also has absurdly high levels of welfare and high welfare payments. Same with unemployment, which if you have three or four people living in an apartment, you can live very well without ever lifting a finger.

Our system is rapidly devolving in to exactly the kind of welfare state England has become. When benefits are cut off, the "people" will go crazy. Our cities will burn.

which is probably why they just gave NYC 80,000,000 dollars for security for the food stamp cuts coming Nov 1. Funny there hasn't been a word about it on TV.

Well here in Peru there are no (few) handouts, so there is no Free Shit Army to worry about. They are poor, but if they want to eat, they find a way to work.

There is a LOT of corruption, although I just read that NYC is EVEN MORE CORRUPT than we already knew...

Naah, it will not end well. Wish I had enough money to keep a Gulfstream warmed up at the airport... :wave:

I miss your frequent posts DCRB. You should come around more often. Remember, there's always beer in the 'fridge on the back porch.
;-)

ancona and mates!

That´s because we´ve been in Peru for about 9 days. My ability to get on the web is quite variable, but this faternoon I have had time. Great trip so far, very photogenic!

YES, I have been working to see if I can help convince local "Chachas" to become a customer or two of ours, we have none here. We will soon know if I really suck as a salesman!

Last edited:
Spooky story. I guess the joke is on the Chinese because they are the ones ultimately paying the free money and benefits that are being passed out by our government. I suppose we could offer to give them Taiwan and call it even, or maybe throw in Canada. We're going to have to pay down the mortgage someday or the bank is going to foreclose. :shrug:

Last edited:
Spooky story. I guess the joke is on the Chinese because they are the ones ultimately paying the free money and benefits that are being passed out by our government. I suppose we could offer to give them Taiwan and call it even, or maybe throw in Canada. We're going to have to pay down the mortgage someday or the bank is going to foreclose. :shrug:

If the news today is true, the bank is already foreclosing. China now owns several nation parks and Obama has the deal in the works to deed them more.
edited to add
don't know if this is true:
Congress Pushes National Park Sale:FOR THE RECORD, THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO YELLOWSTONE AND OTHER US PARKS TRADED FOR DEBT REDUCTION FROM OUR INTERNATIONAL LENDERS.

Last edited:
When benefits are cut off, the "people" will go crazy. Our cities will burn.

Not only will our cities burn, they will become graveyards for those that die from starvation, those that die from being too weak and/or unlucky to protect themselves, and those that die from all types of illnesses (like bubonic plague). When the SHTF, fully half of the population of our major cities will be at serious risk of dying and at least a third of them will die. Think about that. There won't be enough people to bury the dead, vastly compounding the issues of those still living.

Read about the 900-day siege of St Petersburg, Russia during WWII. It will be MUCH worse here simply because the problems will be nationwide and there is no possible way that the governments can control an out-of-control population like the Soviets did in St Pete during the siege.

All the more reason to prepare now for the worst AWAY from ANY major population center. If I am wrong, you will be no worse off than you are today. If I am right, you may possibly live to tell your grandchildren about it. Either way you win. If you do nothing, you may lose.

Scary!

The Government should take care of everyone. They are kind enough to feed the people. I hope they will be kind enough to feed the 99 %.

Wow, this is great: giveaway free food!

Hey, the US Government has so much money. Just give it away!
They are printing money, right?

They have where from... just help everyone!

Then we send tons of food over to Africa and S.E. asia to starving countries but they refuse to take it because they used growth hormones to help grow it. There is no way we will be able to feed 10 or 20 billion people without using modified crops, so I am fairly sure all those people will starve to death before the U.S. not that we won't be in the hurtbag as well, just nearer to the top of the bag.

Back
Top Bottom