AGE Premium

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

69mach351

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Well, it was asked about silver. I would really like to pick up an AGE, but it would have to make sense. I am not sure if 1 is even worth buying or not. I have been able to find them for about spot+$60is or so plus either shipping or tax. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

With gold at $1600 per a $60 premium is about 3 3/4%.Not too bad considering SAE's carry a much bigger premium percentage wise.
Krugs,Phils & Maples can usually be bought with lesser premiums than AGE's.
My.02.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

Well, it was asked about silver. I would really like to pick up an AGE, but it would have to make sense. I am not sure if 1 is even worth buying or not. I have been able to find them for about spot+$60is or so plus either shipping or tax. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

Provident is running a spot +$16 for 1/10th ounce AGE right now:
http://www.providentmetals.com/

Normally, for a one ounce AGE, spot + $60 is pretty good from what I have seen lately. You are not going to get much of a discount beyond that unless you buy 10 or more ounces at a time.

+60 is what my LCS quoted and what I saw on goldmart. Provident seems to be a little higher overall, but a decent price on the 1/10.

The more I look at the price of those, I think of how much silver I could get instead.

I really need to find someone that is looking to sell privately and offer spot for it (easier said than done). That is more than most local places would pay and I could avoid tax.

Back
Top Bottom