Aging American Leaders: What's Too Old?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

There's no age limit needed. All that's needed is a standardized cognitive ability test that all politicians should be required to take.

Because there is no exact age that one could show that cognitive impairment becomes an automatic thing.

As for term limits, does anyone really think that the politicians we have would ever enact such a thing? In no way shape or form would they ever pass a law limiting themselves.
Can you imagine how they'd administer it?

The same "impartial" "non-partisan" people who now corrupt elections.

Imagine them giving it to Trump, and Kennedy, and then Dead Head Joe.

My uncle, a native New Yorker (upstate) had a joke he liked to tell, about the black guy who went to register to vote in Mississippi. He was asked the standard basic civics questions:

What is the 14th Amendment and its purpose?

He answered perfectly.

Who was the Twentieth President, and was his administration successful?

He launched into a critique of James Garfield and of his successor, Chester A. Arthur.

Can you read and write? Yes, sir.

He was given a newspaper in Chinese to read.

He looked at it...squinted for a time.

Can you read it?

Well...I can make out the headline, suh; but I can't quite follow the body.

You can read...THAT headline?

Yes, suh.

Well, what's it say?

It says, this is one n!66uh who ain't gonna get to vote this year.

The point of this little story is...it's all about the test-givers.

Just as, it's not who votes, that counts; but who counts the votes.

In no way shape or form would they ever pass a law limiting themselves.

Your right with this. No one will ever vote against welfare for themselves. Especially politicians and corporations.

There's no age limit needed. All that's needed is a standardized cognitive ability test that all politicians should be required to take.

Because there is no exact age that one could show that cognitive impairment becomes an automatic thing.

As for term limits, does anyone really think that the politicians we have would ever enact such a thing? In no way shape or form would they ever pass a law limiting themselves.
That is why an Article V Convention (of CREDENTIALED state delegates; and NOT a party-convention) was so critical.

I fear that ship has sailed. We're long past reform, except for regional reform that excludes Imperial Washington.

Whatever they do, it needs to be called "The Biden Rule", the guy should have retired a decade ago.

@Zed , really appreciate your commentary of how all this looks to an outside observer.

Sometimes people on the inside become too personally involved with the moment-by-moment goings-on to realize how it looks from afar.

@Joe King I have to say it's scary looking at a system that appears to be failing. If your system breaks down, we will have a very hard time not following. I know there are many critics of the USA from a far BUT we do desperately need you to get better and not worse. Some sort of political failure has massively negative ramifications for us all. I think there are many globalists that salivate at the thought, but to me, it would be the beginning of the end.

So, on that note, anything I say that appears negative is just out of frustration. I want your nation to be better than this.

Good Luck.

@Joe King I have to say it's scary looking at a system that appears to be failing
Imagine how feels seeing it from the inside, surrounded by the willfully ignorant.

. If your system breaks down, we will have a very hard time not following. I know there are many critics of the USA from a far BUT we do desperately need you to get better and not worse.
Sorry, but the prognosis looks to be for worse.

Some sort of political failure has massively negative ramifications for us all. I think there are many globalists that salivate at the thought, but to me, it would be the beginning of the end.
Its the globalists and their brain dead cheerleaders who are running the show.

So, on that note, anything I say that appears negative is just out of frustration. I want your nation to be better than this.
So does the right half of our nation.

Good Luck.
Thanks. We'll prolly need some.

The United States Of Gerontocracy On Full Display​

Aug 13, 2023

4:05

Two recent events have proven that the elderly members of the US Senate are having trouble keeping themselves going, as both Mitch McConnell and Dianne Feinstein showed the world the dangers of America’s gerontocracy. Mike Papantonio & Farron Cousins discuss more.

Link- https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/...

They are all way too old, they have zero interest in your future, else they would have groomed and ceded power to people with vested interest in good outcomes long ago. These people are power hungry, these are the very people that illustrate why there should be no such thing as professional politicians, why there should be no political class. Our representation should come from our successful members of society, and it should be seen as the highest form of service to society. They should serve shortish terms and be expected to return to their previous careers and live under the rules that they put in place.

Professional political animals backed by toxic bureaucrats building fiefdoms are the swamp that rules you. This system needs to be redesigned such that it is self limiting in most regards. It needs better safeguards and checks to keep the sociopathic out of the top seats. Now we have seen how it goes wrong, we need to build on constitutions to safeguard against this cancer ever-growing again.

</rant>

Most Americans Want Age Limits on Senior Presidents​

Aug 15, 2023

10:13

How do you feel about senior Presidents of the United States? Should seniors 65 and up be President? What about 75 and up? What about an 80-year-old President? How old is too old for a senior President?
Here's the problem: in the last Presidential Election of 2020, two old men - some would say, "too old men "- garnered nearly all of the votes. Presidents Biden and former President Trump are both older now, and yet are still the front-runners for their party's respective nominations.
But even though these two will each be 80 by the end of the next term -- heck, Biden is already there -- as the front-runners for the nomination, we are all but assured that one of them will be the next President in 2024.
Corie Wagner, the Senior Editor of Industry Research at Centerfield, conducted a survey that shows that most Americans don't want a President that old. Yet we continue to vote for oldsters for the Presidential nominees. Does that fly in the face of logic?

Time Stamps
0:00 Our Presidential front-runners are pushing 80 years old, or already there
0:33 Introducing Corie Wagner, Senior Editor of Industry Research at Centerfield
0:53 New survey shows that most Americans believe front-runners Trump and Biden are too old to be President.
1:41 As people get older, they are more comfortable with a senior President
2:12 Party lines help determine whether someone is considered too old to be President
2:47 Congress has had issues with their oldest members
3:13 Americans support age limits on the presidency and on Congress.
3:44 What Americans think the maximum age for President should be
4:25 Would imposing age limits on the President be age discrimination?
5:55 f people don’t want an older President, why don’t they just support younger candidates in the primaries and the general election?
9:23 Where to learn more about the study on Presidential Age Limits

This is what is making decisions about the fate of our country and our very lives.

From the link:

(D-Calif.) accused the trustees of her late husband’s estate of committing financial abuse against her and called for them to be suspended as administrators of the account in a recent legal filing.

Feinstein, 90, accused the three trustees — Michael Klein, Marc Scholvinck, and Verett Mims — of the Richard C. Blum Revocable Trust denying her funds to which she is entitled from her late husband’s estate. Her late husband, Richard Blum, was reportedly a billionaire when he passed away early last year.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...ustees-of-husbands-estate-of-financial-abuse/

Most Americans Want Age Limits on Senior Presidents
"Most" Americans are also woefully ignorant. Especially about politics and how our Constitution is supposed to work. All they know about is the first line of We the People. Beyond that, most couldn't tell ya anything it says in a verbatim kinda way.

: in the last Presidential Election of 2020, two old men - some would say, "too old men "- garnered nearly all of the votes.
See? It's the same reason places like Chicago Detroit St Louis Portland Seattle Philly Baltimore etc etc are the way they are. Ie: people keep voting for reps who impose policies that most of the people say they don't want.
.....but many in those places have also been brainwashed against supporting anyone on the ballot who doesn't have a "D" by their name.

If most people are willing to vote for an old guy, as they obviously are, it's beyond stupid to complain about getting what they voted for.

It's why I laugh at those in the aforementioned cities whenever I hear them complain about the severity of their city's problems.

We don't need age limits. What we need is an honest media who don't collude with each other to hide their preferred politicians cognitive decline, while simultaneously highlighting and pointing out every single minor thing they can perceive as being wrong with his opposition.

When Trump was in office, we heard quite frequently about how he was losing his mind and needed to be removed from office.
They gave us that, despite the fact that at his public appearances he always seemed sharp as a tack and could speak without always having to use a script.

If that same standard were applied to "the big guy" in office now, he'd have already been removed from office.

"Most" Americans are also woefully ignorant. Especially about politics and how our Constitution is supposed to work. All they know about is the first line of We the People. Beyond that, most couldn't tell ya anything it says in a verbatim kinda way.

See? It's the same reason places like Chicago Detroit St Louis Portland Seattle Philly Baltimore etc etc are the way they are. Ie: people keep voting for reps who impose policies that most of the people say they don't want.
.....but many in those places have also been brainwashed against supporting anyone on the ballot who doesn't have a "D" by their name.

If most people are willing to vote for an old guy, as they obviously are, it's beyond stupid to complain about getting what they voted for.

It's why I laugh at those in the aforementioned cities whenever I hear them complain about the severity of their city's problems.

We don't need age limits. What we need is an honest media who don't collude with each other to hide their preferred politicians cognitive decline, while simultaneously highlighting and pointing out every single minor thing they can perceive as being wrong with his opposition.

When Trump was in office, we heard quite frequently about how he was losing his mind and needed to be removed from office.
They gave us that, despite the fact that at his public appearances he always seemed sharp as a tack and could speak without always having to use a script.

If that same standard were applied to "the big guy" in office now, he'd have already been removed from office.
This demonstrates why Direct-Democracy simply doesn't work.

Because the People can be manipulated, any number of ways. It's relatively easy for a faction (party) to do just that, as you say. Mind control, "Brainwashing," is simple. Interestingly, it's easier on the higher-educated strata. It's also much easier to do to women.

But ours was a REPUBLICAN central government, as designed. Direct elections ONLY pertained to your House district seat. All else was one or two steps removed - or more, with the Courts.

To elect a President, you were expected to pick State Legislators, who would pick Electors, who themselves would objectively pick the best President.

That's a lot of layers, and a lot of responsibility trickling down. State legislators can feel pressures, and can channel them up. Electors can easily be held to their promises. By the bye, a "Pledged Elector" would have been inconceivable to the Framers - the Electors were to be picked TO USE THEIR JUDGMENT AND INTELLIGENCE.

The more decentralized and the more layers, the less likely it is that a puppet candidate can have a mass-media campaign mesmerizing the sheeple-voters.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on Wednesday appeared briefly unable to respond to reporters' questions at a press event, marking the second time in weeks that the Republican leader has abruptly stopped speaking and required help from people around him.

McConnell, 81, initially seemed to struggle to hear when asked at an event in Covington, Kentucky, about his views on running for reelection.

But the senator then froze at the lectern and did not speak for about 30 seconds. He did not appear to immediately respond when a member of his staff approached him to ask if he had heard the question.

This is what is making decisions about the fate of our country and our very lives.

From the link:

(D-Calif.) accused the trustees of her late husband’s estate of committing financial abuse against her and called for them to be suspended as administrators of the account in a recent legal filing.

Feinstein, 90, accused the three trustees — Michael Klein, Marc Scholvinck, and Verett Mims — of the Richard C. Blum Revocable Trust denying her funds to which she is entitled from her late husband’s estate. Her late husband, Richard Blum, was reportedly a billionaire when he passed away early last year.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...ustees-of-husbands-estate-of-financial-abuse/
The irony. So corrupt Feinstein funneled money to her husbands businesses and made himself a billionaire. They stole money from the tax payers and now the taxpayers are stealing it back. LOL.

I would say 120-130 years old is to old. I also find it strange that all these politicians get so old while the majority of Americans spend their golden years in and out of Dr's offices and few live nearly as long.

Old Mitch the bee-itch, looks like he's lost a lot of flesh off his face, the last month.

Indication that something's wrong. His food isn't doing him any good.

That's not uncommon with some sort of age-related brain or neuro-pathological issue - brain tumor or similar.

Rest in pieces, Mitch...just like you left the nation.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday that she will seek reelection to Congress in 2024 as Democrats try to win back the majority.

Pelosi, 83, made the announcement before volunteers and labor allies in the San Francisco area district she has represented for more than 35 years.

“Now more than ever our City needs us to advance San Francisco values and further our recovery,” Pelosi said in a tweet. “Our country needs America to show the world that our flag is still there, with liberty and justice for ALL. That is why I am running for reelection — and respectfully ask for your vote.”

It's like she hasn't seen what is happening to the town.

LOL.

I swear that the tactic is to destroy property value, so they can pick up real estate cheap and then fix the very laws they wrote that created the issues in the first place. It's about the only logical explanation for this wider agenda that seems to be running.

How can you be proud of this? A leadership change is the least of what needs to happen.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday that she will seek reelection to Congress in 2024 as Democrats try to win back the majority.

Pelosi, 83, made the announcement before volunteers and labor allies in the San Francisco area district she has represented for more than 35 years.

“Now more than ever our City needs us to advance San Francisco values and further our recovery,” Pelosi said in a tweet. “Our country needs America to show the world that our flag is still there, with liberty and justice for ALL. That is why I am running for reelection — and respectfully ask for your vote.”

Huge Majority Of Voters Want Mental Competency Tests For Politicians Over Age 75​

Sep 16, 2023

3:46

A new poll has found that slightly more than three-quarters of Americans believe that there should be some kind of mental competency test given to politicians over the age of 75. It is hard to disagree with that point, as this year has proven that several of the most high-profile politicians in the country are not doing well and sometimes don't know where they are. But the "mental competency" in Congress actually seems WORSE for politicians UNDER the age of 75, and the tests should be given to everyone, as Ring of Fire's Farron Cousins explains.

Link - https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...

Another way they can screen out Trump.

Or, imagine the next Ron Paul-esque figure, who emerges later.

THINK about it. Such a test is going to be, to some degree, subjective; and the administrating "expert" (the same kind as who pushed the Jab, with their white lab coats) will know what side of the bread is buttered.

ALREADY we've heard this - how Trump was declared senile, seven years ago; and the same chattering class all pointed to how sharp is Corn Pop.

How about, we let the voters decide.

BY CLEANING UP STATES' ELECTION SYSTEMS. One day election. Paper ballots, and tallies kept on computers NOT on the Internet.

Dispose of this Early Voting schitte.

It's like she hasn't seen what is happening to the town.

LOL.

I swear that the tactic is to destroy property value, so they can pick up real estate cheap and then fix the very laws they wrote that created the issues in the first place. It's about the only logical explanation for this wider agenda that seems to be running.

How can you be proud of this? A leadership change is the least of what needs to happen.

Only liberal democrats are proud of what is happening in this nation. They hate this country and everything it stands for and will gleefully burn it to the ground so that they can rule over its ashes. Every single thing they do points to this.

Texas has 14 (state) Constitutional amendments on the ballot next month. One of them:
Proposition 13 – HJR 107 "The constitutional amendment to increase the mandatory age of retirement for state justices and judges."

What it means: Voters will decide if state judges can retire at 79, instead of the current mandatory retirement age of 75. Proposition 13 would also increase the minimum retirement age from 70 to 75 for state judges.

Legal groups advocating for the change argued that more people are working later into their careers than previous generations. Supporters say extending this mandatory retirement age will minimize judicial turnover by keeping elected public servants, who are willing to do this work, on the bench. ...

I will be voting No on that one.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — When it comes to age on the ballot, Texas didn’t wait until 2024 to weigh in.

Asked to let judges stay on the bench until they’re 79 years old — a year younger than President Joe Biden — Texas voters soundly rejected the proposal in Tuesday’s elections, a defeat that drew new attention to issues of age and fitness for office in the U.S.

“Age is front of mind for American voters in a way that it has not traditionally been and they are nervous about it,” said Cal Jillson, a political science professor at Southern Methodist University.

Texas had some mind boggling dumb proposals on the ballot. 14 in total. Every one of them passed except for the judge age limit proposal. It really puts it context when you consider the garbage that voters approved on the same ballot.

Family Makes Tough Decision To Put Aging Grandpa In US Senate​

Congressional age limit proposed in North Dakota in potential test case for nation​

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — North Dakota would be the first state to set an age limit for U.S. Senate and House candidates under a measure that could go before voters in June, though it's unclear whether a state limit on federal officeholders would violate the U.S. Constitution.

The move comes at a time of heightened interest in the topic given the advanced age of some congressional leaders and the leading presidential candidates in both parties. At least one political observer said the move could be an effort to create a test case for the nation.

“It’s been an issue in North Dakota, it’s been an issue nationally,” said measure chairman Jared Hendrix, who led a successful 2022 initiative that set term limits for North Dakota’s governor and Legislature. “We don’t want to have those problems here, so it’s not some theoretical legal position. I mean, these are actual situations with real consequences." The sponsoring committee for the measure includes current and former lawmakers.

Supporters of the initiative on Friday submitted nearly 42,000 signatures, far more than the roughly 31,000 signatures required to qualify for the June 11 ballot. The secretary of state’s office has until March 15 to review the signatures.

The proposal states, “No person may be elected or appointed to serve a term or a portion of a term in the U.S. Senate or the U.S. House of Representatives if that person could attain 81 years of age by December 31st of the year immediately preceding the end of the term.”

More:

Not a good idea.

VOTERS are to CHOOSE their reps. Dementia is self-evident.

Voters DID choose a President four years ago. But the Deep State CORRUPTED the election. And that, like the purported pResident's dementia, is by now self-evident.

We don't need age limits. We need election clean-up; and we need election laws ENFORCED.

And not by the demented winner.

Frankly, in the setting we're in now - the Deep State running an Alzheimer's patient, after frauding him in..would have changed little with an age limit. They'd have found someone just as pliant and stupid and blackmail-able. Kameltoe, or Petey Booty-peg, or Adam Schifferbrains.

No shortage of mental midgets willing to front for the Borg.

Age itself should not be an issue.

Do you want to be discriminated against, simply because of how old you might be?

Imo, cognitive ability or lack thereof, should be the only deciding factor.

An 80yo that is provably as sharp as a 40yo, should not be denied the Right to run for office. That should be up to the People to decide.

People have the Right to vote for anyone they want.

What we need is an honest media that doesn't hide the cognitive decline of candidates they support, while grossly exaggerating the supposed cognitive decline of those they do not support.

If the msm could just do that, the People would be able to plainly see which candidates were fit for office and which were not.

Looks like you may have finally gotten your wish, Joe. After that last press conference when the angry, confused old man lashed out declaring himself perfectly fit for office, he then turned right around and confused Mexico's president for that of Egypt's. Now the talking heads are openly speculating on television that the pedophile is losing it and may not be mentally fit. A fact that they have surely known for a long time now but were ignoring. Personally, I think this is the Obama / Jarrett cabal throwing old Lunch Bucket Joe under the bus. That tells me that they have a new puppet lined up. Whitmer? Hair Gel? I don't know. But something is up because they aren't trying to hide his dementia anymore.

Looks like you may have finally gotten your wish, Joe. After that last press conference when the angry, confused old man lashed out declaring himself perfectly fit for office, he then turned right around and confused Mexico's president for that of Egypt's. Now the talking heads are openly speculating on television that the pedophile is losing it and may not be mentally fit. A fact that they have surely known for a long time now but were ignoring. Personally, I think this is the Obama / Jarrett cabal throwing old Lunch Bucket Joe under the bus. That tells me that they have a new puppet lined up. Whitmer? Hair Gel? I don't know. But something is up because they aren't trying to hide his dementia anymore.
If their guy were leading in the polls they wouldn't be doing it.

What the msm SHOULD be asking, but they aren't, is who the hell has been actually running things? As it is clearly not him.

Back
Top Bottom