Dead: Amagi metals

No longer in business

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1.00 star(s)
1 Rating - Raters

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
Placed a small order with them this morning. I didn't want to place too large of an order with them as I've never used them and haven't heard a lot about them. I placed the order early this a.m. but have not received a tracking # yet. Will update when I get the #, then again when the pkg arrives (hopefully in good time.)

When I received the order & payment accepted confirmation email, they said the order would ship in 1-3 business days and they would email me a tracking #. I ordered on Tuesday morning, ~5-6amCST so it's really been 4 full business days now and haven't received the tracking number yet. Not looking good.

So still hadn't received anything from them and I wanted to call them before they would close. Called them around 2pm (Central) They now said that they mail in 2-5 business days as opposed to the 1-3 their initial email told me. They told me I would receive a tracking number either COB today or tomorrow. Tomorrow would of course be 6 business days, but I figured I would just see what happened. I did get the tracking number in my box at 5:30, and it says I should get the pkg. on the 13th. I have a feeling the only reason I got the package shipped today was the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

That sucks that you have to pull teeth just to get people to do what they said they would do.

Well what they lacked in their discrepancies about when it would ship, they made up for in fast shipping. Got the order today. Everything looks really good, only thing is the coin holder one of my coins was in is f'd up like a football bat. I was first worried it was the coin itself, but after opening it, realized it was just the case. So, apart from them initially saying it would take 1-3 days to ship then saying 3-5 (and saying on the phone it might ship on the 6th day) and the biffed up coin holder, I am fairly happy with them overall. I am still a bit hesitant to think about making a large order from them, I'll probably try a couple more small orders and see how they fare.

Amagi Metals Experience

I had a similar experience as expressed on this chain...I would NOT recommend Amagi metals! Here is my experience below:

I would not recommend Amagi Metals. They were very unprofessional and did not show concern for customer satisfaction. Our order was placed on October 17th. Our credit card was billed October 17th. Twenty-six days (and two phone calls) later, they finally shipped our order.

We would never have gotten our order if we didn't call twice - they seem to have little quality control for tracking orders.

They had lots of excuses, but no concern to make it right. All issues were on their end. After all the frustration, we requested a refund before the order shipped. They were unwilling to do so at the purchase price, only the current gold price (which has reduced).

They did promise to refund the amount for items that could not be fulfilled with our order. We asked several times for them to confirm the amount. Finally, when they confirmed the amount, it was only the base price, not the 3% credit card fee. I am not looking forward to the additional correspondence to try to fix that....

I was not impressed with this company. I will never use them again and will NOT recommend them.

Well just placed a bit larger order and got it today, and they shorted me a dime in each $10 bag I ordered. I ordered the generic $10 mix bag and was figuring I would probably get 2 rolls of quarters, hoping I might get 1 roll of quarters and 2 rolls of dimes, but I got 2 bags each with 99 dimes. I counted the first bag 4 times, then figured, maybe they just stuck it in the 2nd bag. Counted it 3 times and got 99 each time as well. Not a huge rip-off, but clearly not an innocent mistake when it is done in both bags. Won't be using them again.

Amagi Metals Customer service here

Hi stackers,

I thoroughly appreciate threads like this within PM forums. It helps us gain perspective on our customers' experiences.

I do realize some of these critiques are over 6 months old, but I'd love to rectify your - less than ideal - experience with Amagi by offering you free silver with your next order.

I can assure you that our customer service and products are on track to help Amagi become a household name in the metals community. We are the leaders in Bitcoin payments for gold and have be applauded for our customer service in recent months.

Please use promo code: PMBUGS and receive a free 1g silver piece in your next order. We appreciate the second chance and can't wait to impress you. This offer will end on June 16th.

Thanks,

Megan
Marketing Manager
http://amagimetals.com

Hi stackers,

I thoroughly appreciate threads like this within PM forums. It helps us gain perspective on our customers' experiences.

I do realize some of these critiques are over 6 months old, but I'd love to rectify your - less than ideal - experience with Amagi by offering you free silver with your next order.

I can assure you that our customer service and products are on track to help Amagi become a household name in the metals community. We are the leaders in Bitcoin payments for gold and have be applauded for our customer service in recent months.

Please use promo code: PMBUGS and receive a free 1g silver piece in your next order. We appreciate the second chance and can't wait to impress you. This offer will end on June 16th.

Thanks,

Megan
Marketing Manager
http://amagimetals.com

A whole gram? Even if I only ordered $100 worth of stuff, that would be like getting 1% discount. That's hardly going to make me want to deal with you again, if anything it's such a slap in the face it only cements my decision to never deal with you. If you had been serious the code would be for at LEAST 5% off. That might at least get some of the people that haven't dealt with you to try you out.

A whole gram? Even if I only ordered $100 worth of stuff, that would be like getting 1% discount. That's hardly going to make me want to deal with you again, if anything it's such a slap in the face it only cements my decision to never deal with you. If you had been serious the code would be for at LEAST 5% off. That might at least get some of the people that haven't dealt with you to try you out.

I can offer you Free Shipping on your next order as well. Please feel free to PM our account. I assure you, we are in tip-top shape and have some of the best feedback in the industry at the moment. I am prepared to make your next experience with us one of your best.

Once again, I apologize about your previous experience. This is not common practice at Amagi, and we now have a solid system and have expanded into a new office due to growing support from our customers. We appreciate your feedback and wish you a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Man, that's some pretty weak customer service Megan. I suppose that quantifying aggravation, compounded by the real fear that we experience when no one is willing to figure out where the heck their order is in the process, would be close to impossible, but believe me when I tell you that being misled or lied to about your order is beyond frightening, it is infuriating. It has happened to me and very likely, every single person that regularly buys precious metals.

Please let me further assure you that your offer of one gram of silver with the next purchase is worse than an insult and only suffices to guarantee that i will never use your firm to buy metals. Ever.

That is my opinion and this is my position, do with it what you will.

the offer of a free one from Amagi runs out in 5 days ....... :rotflmbo:

It really wasnt a smart marketing strategy Megan :wave:

C'mon admit it, you couldn't get your order in fast enough when you found out you were getting a free buck and quarters worth of silver shavings. I'd be curious if anyone took them up on it. I guess if you were ordering from them anyway, you might as well, but hardly worth going out of your way for. For someone like me who they tried to rip off in the past, it certainly isn't going to entice me to come back.

I just noticed they are in Denver. Maybe that explains why they thought that was a good idea. One shouldn't post after eating a strange brownie in the break room.

C'mon admit it, you couldn't get your order in fast enough when you found out you were getting a free buck and quarters worth of silver shavings. I'd be curious if anyone took them up on it. I guess if you were ordering from them anyway, you might as well, but hardly worth going out of your way for. For someone like me who they tried to rip off in the past, it certainly isn't going to entice me to come back.

We would never "rip off" a customer. I can once again apologize for your bad experience in the past, and assure you again that we are a stand up company that offers quality bullion at great prices. It's becoming apparent that you all had an experience that I can't make up for in the offers I've given, so I wish you the best in your silver stacking - and I thank you for being financially responsible. I hope you share the message with others. We hold that in the highest regard.

What I do ask, is you not make inaccurate statements about Amagi Metals. I have been a part of this company for 6 months and have experienced some of the best, liberty-minded business practices in my life. Our shipping times have improved ten-fold, our customer base has expanded and we regularly get notes, cards and friendly messages from our happy customers. Our intention is to empower others with the knowledge and physical gold and silver to make the world more financially responsible against the inflationary measures of the Federal Reserve. We would never dream of purposefully creating a bad experience. Just know that, and thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Megan

We would never "rip off" a customer. I can once again apologize for your bad experience in the past, and assure you again that we are a stand up company that offers quality bullion at great prices. It's becoming apparent that you all had an experience that I can't make up for in the offers I've given, so I wish you the best in your silver stacking - and I thank you for being financially responsible. I hope you share the message with others. We hold that in the highest regard.

What I do ask, is you not make inaccurate statements about Amagi Metals. I have been a part of this company for 6 months and have experienced some of the best, liberty-minded business practices in my life. Our shipping times have improved ten-fold, our customer base has expanded and we regularly get notes, cards and friendly messages from our happy customers. Our intention is to empower others with the knowledge and physical gold and silver to make the world more financially responsible against the inflationary measures of the Federal Reserve. We would never dream of purposefully creating a bad experience. Just know that, and thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Megan

You ask that we not make inaccurate statements? That's a laugh! I ask you not to make inaccurate statements, especially about shipping times and not ripping people off. :judge:

Slowest of the slow

I ordered from Amagi on 8-23-14.
They received my check on 8-27-14.
Today is 9/20/14, still no order.
It was just a small order for a few silver eagles.
At this point I just hope to receive what I paid for.
I would NEVER order from this place again!

I don't care what kind of half-a$$ed excuse they come up with,
this is not a professional business.

Pure Bullion - Excellent Experience

I've been investing in gold and silver for years. My best friend just turned me on to a brand new website called ...

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey jafo and PMA

you really cannot expect to turn up at a blog of any kind and complain about or promote a commercial operation without a negative reaction from regular forum users.

The idea is that you introduce yourself, convince us you are a real human with a shared interest then perhaps tell us about your good / bad experiences.

It sucks having to find out the hard way about shady companies. People showing up out of the blue touting sites few if any have heard of doesn't give me a lot of confidence either. That's why the only places I am still buying online from are APMEX, and JMBullion.

Here's my experience with Amagi Metals..

I'm Canadian so I get my items shipped to a storage facility near the CAN-US border which i go to pick up every 2-3 months. Which I informed Amagi prior to ordering.

First of all they say they accept international money so i sent them a Canada Post money order. I waited 1 month and my order was still in waiting for payment status or whatever they call it. So I emailed them to see if they got my payment, which they probably got like 10 days after i mailed it but they didn't bother to contact me to let me know...they said they got the MO but said I have pay an extra $20 for it being an international money order..BS and it's freaking Canada not Europe! I never had to pay any fee with Provident Metals, APMEX or Kitco when using this MO. They said I can pay with Paypal..why didn't you allow me to just pay with PP for the order in the first place when I asked. Not only after I paid it, they asked me to wait 2-3 weeks for the MO to be cashed..I waited and no reply back after 4.5 weeks, which I had to email them to ask if it's been cashed. They replied, yes we cashed it, we will send your order next day. Feels like they had easily cashed the MO the whole time and wanted to milk me for some more money and then hope that I would forget about my order because how calm and patient I was each time I contacted them. I'm not a rude or an impatient person and I hate conflict, which is my fault as some people or company may take advantage of.

They provided me a tracking number and it was shipped and arrived at the storage quickly. I went to pick it up like 2 months later. I opened the package and 2 coins are missing..2 of which were the reason why I ordered from Amagi in the first place. It was the Andrew Jackson and Benjamin Franklin, both 1 oz. Silver rounds, which are both rare and hard to find without paying high premium. I ordered 2 of each, so I ended up with 1 of each. The rest of the rounds were there but they were just generic rounds to make my order worth the trouble. Within the 1.5 months between payment recieved and shipping did they not contact me to inform me that they were out of stock, instead they wrote on the invoice that they were out of stock and for me to contact them for replacements. Grrrr. Now I'm pissed.

I emailed them to refund me for the 2 instead of sending me different items since price of silver went down since time of order. They didn't have my order info on file, about the items being out of stock and wanted to see a copy of the invoice. They were hoping I would forget or just give up trying to get the missing rounds of my money back. They did refund me though but nothing extra for the trouble and for their screw ups,incompetent, unprofessional way of doing business. Don't bother with Amagi unless there's an item you really want and for people outside of USA, don't bother doing business with them at all! If you do, I hope you have an easier and better transaction than me. I'm sticking with SilverGoldBull and Provident Metals.

Sent from my stolen SM-T320 using Tapatalk.

I ordered from Amagi on 8-23-14.
They received my check on 8-27-14.
Today is 9/20/14, still no order.
It was just a small order for a few silver eagles.
At this point I just hope to receive what I paid for.
I would NEVER order from this place again!

I don't care what kind of half-a$$ed excuse they come up with,
this is not a professional business.
If you live in USA and just looking for Eagles not sure why you don't just deal with the more reputable companies. I like to collect as well as stack.. but the collecting part gets me into trouble and expensive lol as my OCD and addictive personality kicks in. I'm able to get most of the world coins like Australia, Pandas, Britannias, Eagles and Elephants, etc. within Canada but stuff like exclusive rounds like Zombucks, "important people" rounds like A. Jackson, Ron Paul, etc. are expensiver to get.

If you live in USA and just looking for Eagles not sure why you don't just deal with the more reputable companies. I like to collect as well as stack.. but the collecting part gets me into trouble and expensive lol as my OCD and addictive personality kicks in. I'm able to get most of the world coins like Australia, Pandas, Britannias, Eagles and Elephants, etc. within Canada but stuff like exclusive rounds like Zombucks, "important people" rounds like A. Jackson, Ron Paul, etc. are expensiver to get.

That's one of the best ways to find out if a company is reputable or not is to place a small order for something that is commonly stocked. If they can't do that why are you going to trust them to do a larger order and/or one with harder to find items? Seems like that's what this section is for, so people can post their experiences, good, bad, and indifferent and let people decide before they buy if they want to risk trying it. I think it's obvious from this thread, amagi metals is NOT a reputable company to do business with, but some people like to double check, and doing so with a smaller test order is always smart IMO.

I ordered platinum (Pt is hard to find from LCS's) from Amagi recently, my order was placed December 8, and the order arrived today. OK, there were the Holidays, but there was still a longer than expected delay. Amagi did send me tracking info once they shipped.

I paid with Bitcoin, one of the reasons I chose them. Amagi has announced that they will accept ONLY Bitcoin (perhaps other "cryptos" as well) by the end of 2015.

But, I got what I ordered OK. They even tossed in a small amount of silver for the delay.

Still, they should ship more quickly once their payment has been received.

I have noticed in the many reviews I read that shipment is SLOW for whatever reasons, maybe there are chain-of-custody issues in physical handling of precious metals (to prevent stealing in-house, etc.).

Provident was faster, but Amagi did ship.

Pro tip: If there seems to be any delay, call them! Nag them to keep your order moving!

I paid with Bitcoin, one of the reasons I chose them. Amagi has announced that they will accept ONLY Bitcoin (perhaps other "cryptos" as well) by the end of 2015.

Even if they were still a reputable company, the fact that the ONLY way you will be able to pay is with bitcoin would keep me from using them. I don't like govt. fiat currency that at least gives me a piece of paper if power and/or internet go down. The other is cyber fiat currency that if the interwebz goes down or is hacked I could lose it all as well.

That's one of the best ways to find out if a company is reputable or not is to place a small order for something that is commonly stocked...

I got locked out of my bank account recently for doing this.

I had to pay £1200ish for a secondhand part for my hitachi excavator. The bank only give me 10 spaces to write the name of the recipient and as this was not possible I simply wrote the individuals name rather than his long winded company name. So in order to check the route was viable I transferred a small amount first. This was confirmed as received so I attempted to transfer the balance and got locked down.

Apparently scammers will do a small transfer to see it it works then will try for a larger amount.
However it took from a friday evening to mid morning the following monday to resolve things.

Ok so my hitachi is addicted to lubricants, just send me more metal to grind into small parts will you :judge:

I got locked out of my bank account recently for doing this.

I had to pay £1200ish for a secondhand part for my hitachi excavator. The bank only give me 10 spaces to write the name of the recipient and as this was not possible I simply wrote the individuals name rather than his long winded company name. So in order to check the route was viable I transferred a small amount first. This was confirmed as received so I attempted to transfer the balance and got locked down.

Apparently scammers will do a small transfer to see it it works then will try for a larger amount.
However it took from a friday evening to mid morning the following monday to resolve things.

Ok so my hitachi is addicted to lubricants, just send me more metal to grind into small parts will you :judge:

That's not what I was describing. I am saying place a small order, say under $1,000 (pay in 1 full payment) to see how the company handles that order. If they struggle to ship that, it will only be worse if you try to order say, 5, 10k + in an order. Even what you are describing is more of a problem with your bank than the company you ordered from. I know every time we have ever gotten a new card, even if it's with the same bank they always have like a $500, $1,000 limit on it, and we go to use it and it's declined and we're like "WTF" but now we're so used to it we usually call the bank right after we activate the card. Now we've had the problem that even when we've had the same card for a while they would all of a sudden lower it back down and we call them and ask them "WTF" and they say some crap like well it's been over 6 weeks since you placed an order over $5,000 so we lowered it to $1,000. That makes no sense it all. I know they are doing it to avoid the thieves. but really 6 weeks and we haven't spent over 5k so they lower it to 1K? The banks just get silly, I think somehow they get paid every time they do something stupid, and they are clearly rolling in the dough.

I ordered platinum (Pt is hard to find from LCS's) from Amagi recently, my order was placed December 8, and the order arrived today. OK, there were the Holidays, but there was still a longer than expected delay. Amagi did send me tracking info once they shipped.

But, I got what I ordered OK. They even tossed in a small amount of silver for the delay.

Still, they should ship more quickly once their payment has been received.

I have noticed in the many reviews I read that shipment is SLOW for whatever reasons, maybe there are chain-of-custody issues in physical handling of precious metals (to prevent stealing in-house, etc.).

Provident was faster, but Amagi did ship.

Pro tip: If there seems to be any delay, call them! Nag them to keep your order moving!

Why should it be incumbent on the customer to get their order moving?

Rating:   1.00 star(s)
They appear to be offline. Poor experiences posted in thread.

Back
Top Bottom