Anectdotal report of physical silver shortages

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Byron King said:
In another zone of the same complex, a German automaker — a household name whose motorcars are revered across the world — stores industrial quantities of silver, and I mean a LOT of it. Here’s a photo of just a few pallets that belong to the German company.

20130213DRH2-300x254.jpg

These pallets cover the floor of a large room and are loaded down with innumerable 22-pound bags (10 kilograms, actually) of .999 fine silver. There’s way more silver than what you see in the photo, but it’s among the few pictures I was allowed to take.

Why does the German company store dozens of pallets of silver in a secure vault deep in the mountains of Switzerland? It’s simple, really. So that the metal is there when the carmaker needs it. As one purchasing manager explained later in my travels, “For some metals, like silver, there’s no such thing as ‘just in time’ delivery anymore.”

In other words, this German company buys silver when it’s available. In fact, the company buys as much as it can acquire. Then it stores and stockpiles the material in a vault in the mountains of Switzerland, right next to the pope’s gold.

More: http://dailyresourcehunter.com/the-silver-shortage-of-2013/

Back
Top Bottom