Another craptastic day for the DOW

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I see we had marvelously slim trading volume today, and at 3:41, I see also that we've only moved about 73 mm shares. This is roughly half of what is actually a miserable average volume of around 150mm shares handled. I will bet a silver dime that in the last fifteen minutes of trading we see another [at least] 30 - 40 mm shares move all of a sudden. That has been the MO lately, with most of the day's movement in the a.m. before open during pre-market trading, then another huge blast right at close.

What a fucked up system.

light volume on the way up.. lighter on the way down.. that is a good thing..

Looks like around 107 mm at the close. This is absolutely abyssmal volume. While it seems to reduce some of the volatility, it tells me that organic life forme like you and I are no longer in the game and watching our screens. For myself, I am now fully divested, and merely participate as an observer. The only ticker that I give a shit about is right at the top of this page. My investment cannot be re-hypothecated, nor can it be pledged as collateral or anything else for that matter. It is safe and secure behind a thick bit of iron, and is guarded by guns.

Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads I say.

I suspect that many people may be waiting to trade until some decision comes from Greece / EU.

I would think they should be looking to bail completely out of all paper while waiting for that decision, because either way, it is going to be a wild ass ride.

Today's short term action aside, we had a very strong stock market performance after the august/september crash.
I think what we're witnessing right now is a so called "crack up boom", a term coined by von Mises. It means markets or only going up because they're expecting massive monetary and price inflation. It has nothing to do with fundamentals:

Back
Top Bottom