Any bets on today??

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Anyone want to bet on the action in the markets today? Asia was unimpressive last night, but there was a hell of a lot less volatility than one would suspect. I believe we will have to see how many CDS holders are out there to really know how hard the default will hit.

I suspect there was a lot of netting done in the months leading up to it, but we won't ever truly know because the CDS market is so dark and opaque.

I suspect it will take awhile for all the news about CDS that were "dark pool" to come out. In the meanwhile, a lot of frantic phone calls trying to figure out if net is going to stay net, vs a counterparty failing and making a lot of the net into gross. Since the banks are already marking to fantasy, who's to say we have an issue until someone squawks in public?

Back
Top Bottom