Arguement against Hyperinflation

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Good, but long article by Martin Armstrong:
http://www.inflateordie.com/files/How Do Empires Die 06-17-2012.pdf

He presents an interesting idea that for countries that are the global reserve currency, their currencies do not hyperinflate. Simply put, what kills them is thier productive citizens leaving.

He argues that it is the reduction in the velocity of money that kills an empire.

It is interesting that he believes that a government never stays within it's means. Eventually the citizens either leave or revolt against the ever increasing demands of government.

Read, Enjoy, Discuss!
:popcorn:

He presents an interesting idea that for countries that are the global reserve currency, their currencies do not hyperinflate.

It is interesting that he believes that a government never stays within it's means. Eventually the citizens either leave or revolt against the ever increasing demands of government.

But what happens if the country's global reserve currency status changes as others bypass it? Like India trading with China, but not using dollars anymore? Or India buying oil from Iran in gold instead of dollars?

No government in history has been able to resist the people wanting more and more from the government. In fact, it is political suicide to say "No" to more spending regardless of the type of government in power.

So, every time it is ALWAYS kick-the-can-down-the-road until no one has the energy to kick it any further. By then the producers have left and the non-producers revolt.

Politicians jobs should rely on their ability to stay within the budget (expenses<revenue not revenue + debt) just as much as it should on voting. Let them pick their poison rather than kick the can down the road...which has been happening for years and years.

I just dumped an email from Jim Sinclair that had Jim saying not to treat this seriously as they will not allow this and will print to infinity.

He was unusually rude about Martin Armstrong ..........

unfortunately i didnt see this post in time

Its interesting how the hyper in/deflate argument is still not settled after 4 years.

I was finally convinced by a brilliant piece of work by FOFOA that it would be inflation.
Just cant remember the title of the piece or i would find the URL for it.

Fail on two counts then (-:

Edit - guilt had me go looking for that amazing FOFOA piece -

http://fofoa.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/deflation-or-hyperinflation.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom