Awesome Atlas V liftoff

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I just dipped outside to watch a perfect Atlas V liftoff and flight. The weather is perfect and skies absolutely clear. That thing will rattle your soul and wake the dead with its rumble!

This shit never gets old! :judge:

MasterQ

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
What a tease. You really got to work on your cellphone video capture moments. ;)

-Q

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
When I am on station, if I pull out a camera I could potentially get shot. I would certainly be arrested and most likely lose every single security credential I have. No, I don't believe I will be taking any video. From time to time, I am in a location where it is permitted, but in the case of Air Force payloads and NRO payloads, like this one, Pics and videos are strictly forbidden inside the fence.

I witnessed some kid working in a construction area getting taken down really hard, handcuffed and then chucked in to the back of a windowless van. There were four "cops" with automatic weapons and zero sense of humor. I'm probably too old to risk catching a beating and losing everything I have.

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score

ancona, I have to get up there to see a launch sometime.

How do they tell you things like an "NRO" payload...?

:rotflmbo:

:flail:

:judge:

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
"They" don't usually tell us anything, we "find out" is more like it. ;-)

*Edit*
Actually, anything going up at 41 or 37 is either NRO, USAF, Other reconnaissance or GPS related.