Awesome Atlas V liftoff

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I just dipped outside to watch a perfect Atlas V liftoff and flight. The weather is perfect and skies absolutely clear. That thing will rattle your soul and wake the dead with its rumble!

This shit never gets old! :judge:

What a tease. You really got to work on your cellphone video capture moments. ;)

-Q

When I am on station, if I pull out a camera I could potentially get shot. I would certainly be arrested and most likely lose every single security credential I have. No, I don't believe I will be taking any video. From time to time, I am in a location where it is permitted, but in the case of Air Force payloads and NRO payloads, like this one, Pics and videos are strictly forbidden inside the fence.

I witnessed some kid working in a construction area getting taken down really hard, handcuffed and then chucked in to the back of a windowless van. There were four "cops" with automatic weapons and zero sense of humor. I'm probably too old to risk catching a beating and losing everything I have.

ancona, I have to get up there to see a launch sometime.

How do they tell you things like an "NRO" payload...?

:rotflmbo:

:flail:

:judge:

"They" don't usually tell us anything, we "find out" is more like it. ;-)

*Edit*
Actually, anything going up at 41 or 37 is either NRO, USAF, Other reconnaissance or GPS related.

Back
Top Bottom