Bernanke: Recovery depends on consumer spending

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Island_Dweller

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Bernanke: Recovery depends on consumer spending

1 hour 21 minutes ago - AP 1:22 | 207 views

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says the willingness of households to spend will be an important determinant in the pace at which the economy expands. (Feb. 7)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya see, it's our fault that the economy sucks! If we all just kept "believing" and consuming, then everything would be rosy.....

Go on out and buy an SUV, load it up with gas and drive around the country buying crap you don't need. That's their advice. Saving capital to use for productive industry is no longer necessary..... what a joke these guys are...anyone else remember Fed president McTeer saying this beauty?: "Just all hold hands and buy an SUV".

I just can't believe where these imbeciles are taking a world full of compliant people. The whole thing is so surreal. You think I could talk my father-in-law into buying a few ounces of gold? ha!

Sorry about the rant, but every time I see this clown I can hardly believe the stupidity that comes out of his mouth and that people can take it with a straight face. It must be "the emperor's clothes syndrome".

Happy trails!

PM Bug- It's amazing at the disinformation (or pure ignorance) of this nation to put two plus two together that our retirees are getting screwed with our manipulated interest rates. The one person who is fighting this is Ron Paul and of course, that is the one candidate retirees pretty much refuse to vote for.

It's so sad that regular Americans can't invest in a savings account or real estate or the stock market anymore.

It's so sad that regular Americans can't invest in a savings account or real estate or the stock market anymore.
I would love to be able to just earn my money and stick it in a bank and watch it grow. Instead, I have to make risky investments and constantly worry what type of assets I should be converting money into, not to get rich, not to earn a return, and not even to prevent a loss; I'll be lucky to maintain enough buying power to provide for myself. The American Dream...

Back
Top Bottom