Copper?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

wow, I never look at futures. They sure don't have silver doing much....

ALWAYS look at futures. It's not predictive directly - often contrarian - it's how people are betting.
There used to be a site for futures/options that looked at both sides of any trade, and calculated the "maximum pain" point - where everyone lost. Now, that was pretty decently predictive. So it's no longer a free service on the web. Funny thing, that.

I use spot oil and futures to decide on trading some oil companies I trade. Usually it amounts to a bit of a heads up - from an hour to a day - on what they're going to do. Reminds one of babies and candy on some trades.

ALWAYS look at futures. It's not predictive directly - often contrarian - it's how people are betting.
There used to be a site for futures/options that looked at both sides of any trade, and calculated the "maximum pain" point - where everyone lost. Now, that was pretty decently predictive. So it's no longer a free service on the web. Funny thing, that.

I use spot oil and futures to decide on trading some oil companies I trade. Usually it amounts to a bit of a heads up - from an hour to a day - on what they're going to do. Reminds one of babies and candy on some trades.

OK. I don't trade anything, so never was very interested... only physical.

We do have a small 401k that we can't touch where I work, it's inconsequential. (to me).

Back
Top Bottom