Dark mode?

• Yes, unleash the hounds (funds)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Not for me

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I don't currently have a theme that enables a dark mode (dark background, bright letters) which a lot of people prefer when using mobile devices (saves battery power). I was wondering if there was sufficient interest in having one? I would have to search the XF marketplace for a 3rd party (professionally done) theme as styling forums has never been one of my strong suits.

I don't currently have a theme that enables a dark mode (dark background, bright letters
Yes you do. I'm using it right now.

White letter on a black and grey background. Links are a medium blue.

Although I will ad that when I am on a dexktop, the same theme does not look like this. It only looks like this on a small screen for me.

That must be something on your mobile device doing that. We only have two themes (styles) available right now: Blue and PMBug. Neither one is a dark mode styling.

Looks like some of you have mobile browsers (or OSs) that alter web pages to show as dark. Would a native solution be better? I honestly don't know.

That must be something on your mobile device doing that. We only have two themes (styles) available right now: Blue and PMBug. Neither one is a dark mode styling.
I have no idea what it would be.

Here is a screen shot of how it looks in my Opera browser.

Personally speaking, I think how it displays on my small screen, looks pretty darn good.

I will add that I have not noticed any differences on any other web sites between viewing on a pc vs phone. Only this one.

As for your question, yes It would be nice if there was an official dark theme.

Screenshot_20221005-110158.png

Looks like some of you have mobile browsers (or OSs) that alter web pages to show as dark. Would a native solution be better? I honestly don't know.
Yep. Just did some poking around and that's exactly it. Opera has a night mode that was turned on. I think I will leave it on.

Last edited:
I have Opera as well and can shift it to night mode but really only ever do that with youtube playing at night. Not something I would worry about and I'm guessing the older demographics don't like as much.

I use the blue. Never used anything else, but then I'm on a MacAir and I can darken the screen by pushing F1....

Theme styles:
Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.33.44 AM.png

I found a free dark mode theme that doesn't have any template changes, so I installed it. If you click the link for themes (see @Goldhedge 's post above), there is a new option named "Shades of Gray". I've tested it a little bit and it seems fine.

Not bad. Perfect for night time viewing...

is there an 'auto' feature that will switch to "shades" at dusk?

Back
Top Bottom