Do any of you invest in Treasury Bills?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

UPDATED May I-Bond Rate Prediction | Buy I-Bonds in April or May?​

Apr 14, 2024 #jenniferlammer #bonds #fixedincome

As some of you know, March inflation numbers - CPI-U - came in earlier this week & It was even higher than what we & the market had expected! Watch on today as I talk about:
- the latest TIPS real yields
- our updated May I-Bond rate prediction &
- how things might play out overall for I-Bonds in May

12:08

WATCH NEXT
How To Build A Bond Ladder: • How To Build A Bond Ladder| Bond Mast...
May I-Bond Fixed Rate Formula? • May I-Bond Rate Prediction | What Is ...

Buy I-Bonds or TIPS In April 2024 | I-Bonds vs. TIPS (Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities)​

Apr 16, 2024 #jenniferlammer #bondbeginners #bondmasters

You could earn more with TIPS, but should you buy them? Let's talk about:
- where TIPS real yields are currently & the 5-Yr TIPS auction on April 18 vs buying I-Bonds
- the similarities & differences between I-Bonds & TIPS &
- why some investors prefer TIPS over I-Bonds & vice versa

20:15

WATCH NEXT
How To Adjust TIPS Principal Value For Inflation: • How Do You Adjust TIPS Principal Valu...
How To Build A Bond Ladder Before Rate Fall: • How To Build A Bond Ladder Before Tre...

I buy nothing longer than 90 days. I don't trust the govt or banks. Even with FDIC insurance if everything collapses the system is under funded and paying everybody will create hyper inflation Weimar style.

i have some IRA money in a gov money market fund (afaxx) ....about 65% T bills.....the fund has been paying high 4% .....looks like the fund is buying T bills now at 4.6% ...still holding a lot in the 2-3 range

D3mand for Tbills is so way down they are mak8ng Youtube videos about it. Soon only the FED will buy them and then the fireworks begin.

8% Rates Or More? Have Treasury Yields Peaked Or Will They Go Higher?​

Apr 22, 2024

Are 8% rates coming? How high could Treasury yields go? Plus, the recent jump in bond yields & the upcoming Treasury auctions this week. That’s what we’re talking about in our latest YouTube video members & supersavers!

11:39

Redeem Old I-Bonds To Buy April I-Bonds: What Is The Breakeven? (Buy I-Bonds in April or May)​

Apr 25, 2024

Should you redeem 0% fixed-rate I-Bonds in April to buy new I-Bonds & grab the current 1.30% fixed rate (the highest in about 16 years)? What about 0.4% and 0.9% fixed-rate I-Bonds? And if you do, what is the break-even? Watch on & find out!

13:39

WATCH NEXT
How To Build A Bond Ladder: • How To Build A Bond Ladder Before Tre...
TIPS vs I-Bonds: • Buy I-Bonds or TIPS 2024 | I-Bonds vs...
May I-Bond Projection: • May I-Bond Rate Prediction | What Is ...
I-Bond Strategies: • How To Buy I-Bonds (Step-By-Step) | I...

How High Will Bond Yields Go | Weekly Treasury Auction Update April 2024​

Apr 27, 2024
The 2-Year Treasury Note hits 5%, last week’s $400+ billion of new issue Treasury auctions & the upcoming week’s big news that could move the bond market - that's what we're talking about in today's video!

10:02

NEW: May I-Bond Rate 2024: Buy I-Bonds Now Or In October?​

May 3, 2024 #jenniferlammer #bonds #fixedincome

Here's what we're covering today:
1. The May I-Bond rate & why we will keep buying I-Bonds
2. What your new rate will be, depending on when you bought your I-Bonds
3. Would we buy new I-Bonds in May or in October? This is always one of the first questions we get when a new I-Bond rate is announced

10:47

WATCH NEXT
How To Build A Bond Ladder: • How To Build A Bond Ladder Before Tre...
TIPS vs I-Bonds: • Buy I-Bonds or TIPS 2024 | I-Bonds vs...
I-Bond Fixed Rate Formula: • May I-Bond Rate Prediction | What Is ...

Back
Top Bottom