Don't hide cash in your oven

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
The unidentified man from Sydney, Australia, sold his car last weekend. The $15,000 (approximately $15,652 in U.S. dollars) in proceeds was earmarked for his mortgage payment and other bills, according to Australian media. Opting not to squirrel away the loot in a mattress or bury it in his backyard, he decided to hide it his oven, which rarely gets used.

Bad move: Turns out, his wife decided to use the oven that day, preheating it for chicken nuggets and, yes, cooked the cash.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-hides-cash-over-cash-gets-baked-accident-122700396.html

Ouch! :paperbag:

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So many bad puns....

Talk about hot money!

That money went up in smoke!

My wife is always burning through my money!

My wife burns everything she cooks!

bushi

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
one couldn't help but say: "there is an idiot born every minute"

BigJim

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Real money wouldn't have burned up.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

DCFusor

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Or not...perfect scam, better than a boating accident. You put cut up newspaper in the oven instead - wife burns it up, feels totally guilty, doesn't know you still have the real cash elsewhere - and you can take the tax loss too!

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Or not...perfect scam, better than a boating accident. You put cut up newspaper in the oven instead - wife burns it up, feels totally guilty, doesn't know you still have the real cash elsewhere - and you can take the tax loss too!
Sound advice! :D